About the A10

BLIKNS

Noticed the average non conference SOS,the A10 had the number 1 spot,C-USA was 7,and the Big XII was 16.I think this is proof that the A-10 has the right idea.Another thought,seen where UB thought the A10 might go to an 18 game conference schedule.I guessing play division twice(12 games),and 6 of the 7 in the other division.IF the league was to add Boston U.(22-4 this year in AE)They could go to 3-5 team divisions,play division twice everyone else once,and still have an 18 game conference schedule.Will the league put us and Charlotte in the same division?

I do not think there has been any formal announcement about the final divisional structure in 2005-6 A-10, but here is a guess:

East

UMass

URI

Fordham

Temple

GW

St. Joe's

La Salle

West/South

Richmond

Charlotte

St. Bonaventure

Duq

Xavier

Dayton

St. Louis

This is only one possibility and assumes all the Philly schools want to stay together (maybe they do not). I would rather be with GW than Duquesne but Duquesne is closest to Dayton/St. Bona.

I can offer some newer news about BU. The Colonial Ath Assoc. is looking to expand north and really want a team in Boston (they also may want U New Hampshire for some reason which is close to Boston). While the CAA would like BU, I think BU will wait to see if the A-10 kicks out Duquesne or Fordham as rumored and the CAA will take Northeastern (where Cranford played) instead.

There all also the ever present rumors that Temple will look for an all sports home for their football program (that is most likely C-USA). There is still a Reebok-led financial trust trying to get UMass football as I-A (there ideas are pretty crazy like playing the games at Foxboro which is 90 miles away from UMass). Some A-10 teams (like Xavier and Dayton) think they would be part of any future Big East collapse.

From my GW knowledge, they are going to keep GW & Richmond together. Because we are "rivals" (we don't really have a rival, but if it is anyone, it is Richmond (from what I saw of the GW @ Richmond Game, we play them tomorrow here).

I would be very happy if Duq or The Bonnies switched with GW (I really want GW and SLU in the same division).

Steve

Two teams coming in .... one from the "west," one from the "east" .... why not just put one in one division and one in the other? Saint Louis goes west; Charlotte stays in the east. Seems to be the simplest way to go .. don't you think?

... but it breaks down way too easy to stick us in the West and them in the East. I would think Charlotte would feel a little better about keeping Richmond and GW more so than joining X and Dayton and Duquesne and some others. Although GW is currently in the A-10 west. Who knows, maybe they do realign.