6'3 Bradley Beal-Chaminade

5'10 Shaquille Boga- McCluer

6'7 Christian Kirk- St. Charles West

6'4 Ben McLemore-Wellston

6'1 Keonte Minor-East St. Louis

6'5 Dantiel Daniels-Holt

6'7 Phil Kunz-Wesclin

6'5 Calvin Belts- Maplewood

Aren't you supposed to be the one giving the scouting reports?

Or are you just trying to call all these kids D-1 prospects when they might not be?

Aren't you supposed to be the one giving the scouting reports?

Or are you just trying to call all these kids D-1 prospects when they might not be?

I've given scouting reports on almost all of them before on this board, some of them more than once. I was looking for other poster's feedback on the players. I'd say thats a pretty good list with no one on the list being a real stretch talent wise.

Guest BillikenReport

I've given scouting reports on almost all of them before on this board, some of them more than once. I was looking for other poster's feedback on the players. I'd say thats a pretty good list with no one on the list being a real stretch talent wise.

You think all of those players will sign with Division I schools?

Are you going to give a scouting report or play 20 questions?

Each player I listed has a decent shot to play Division I basketball given their current talent and their potential to improve. Its very likely that some of them will not sign D1 in basketball because of grades or in some cases signing D1 in other sports like Keonte Minor could, or some of them could just fail to improve as much as needed. I do think currently that each player on that list talent-wise has a decent chance to play D1 basketball. You've made two posts, neither of them is a scouting report. Thats all I asked for

Guest BillikenReport

I wouldn't be surprised if less than half the players on your list sign with D-1 schools.

There are some players on that list who already have D-1 offers and some others who could get that kind of attention, but a lot of those guys will end up playing at D-2 schools.

Each player I listed has a decent shot to play Division I basketball given their current talent and their potential to improve. Its very likely that some of them will not sign D1 in basketball because of grades or in some cases signing D1 in other sports like Keonte Minor could, or some of them could just fail to improve as much as needed. I do think currently that each player on that list talent-wise has a decent chance to play D1 basketball. You've made two posts, neither of them is a scouting report. Thats all I asked for

I vote for 20 questions.

Guest BillikenReport

I vote for 20 questions.

We're up to seven questions so far.

My point is you list 18 local players as "D1 prospects" when that is not really the case.

And you're posting on a message board for SLU fans, when only a small fraction of that list would be considered good enough to be recruited by the Billikens.

Guest BillikenReport

What players in the Metro St Louis area, who are D-1 recruits in the 2010-11 classes, are not listed in the above listings?

Some other names to watch, who could be D-1 or D-2 players, would be:

Julian Johnson - Whitfield (undersized forward averaged 18.3 ppg as a sophomore and is trying to show he can play more on the perimeter)

Chris Babbit - Hazelwood Central (may have already had scholarship offer from SEMO, but not sure)

Tim Cooney - St. Louis U. High (Majerus took a liking to him at SLU's Elite Camp, but I'm not sure he'll go D-1)

Jarion Norris - Cahokia (averaged 12 ppg as a freshman but was ineligible last year)

Javier Duren - Oakville (pass-first point guard)

Julian Johnson - Whitfield (undersized forward averaged 18.3 ppg as a sophomore and is trying to show he can play more on the perimeter)

Chris Babbit - Hazelwood Central (may have already had scholarship offer from SEMO, but not sure)

Tim Cooney - St. Louis U. High (Majerus took a liking to him at SLU's Elite Camp, but I'm not sure he'll go D-1)

Jarion Norris - Cahokia (averaged 12 ppg as a freshman but was ineligible last year)

i'll vouch for norris. i was wondering where he went to. i didnt realize that anyone at cahokia is ever "ineligible". that is hard to do. that said, he indeed had a splendid freshmen season.

nate, btw, slu high apparently has a very good freshmen class. i know for a fact a couple of the best illinois freshmen went to slu high and they didnt even make the jv team. they are on the freshmen team though. my understanding is that 3 other freshmen did get placed on the jv though thus my assumption.

A player we both left off is Charles Joy. His name came up when I was talking to an assistant coach from a perennial tournament about McLemore and Beal. This coach also mentioned Boga and Minor and has been in town already to see Boga and McLemore practice. I will not however reveal this coach or school or answer any questions about it, but its the truth. One of the high school coaches also confirmed this. 2011 has a chance to be really special.

A player we both left off is Charles Joy. His name came up when I was talking to an assistant coach from a perennial tournament about McLemore and Beal. This coach also mentioned Boga and Minor and has been in town already to see Boga and McLemore practice. I will not however reveal this coach or school or answer any questions about it, but its the truth. One of the high school coaches also confirmed this. 2011 has a chance to be really special.

stlhi, i had joy on my list. you also left off justin clayborne from belleville west and sonnenberg from althoff.

Guest BillikenReport

2011 has a chance to be really special.

It will be tough to top the Class of 2008:

Scott Suggs - Washington

John Brandenburg - Virginia

Jared Swopshire - Louisville

Anthony Booker - Southern Illinois

Torres Roundtree - Southern Illinois

Femi John - Saint Louis

Ruben Cotto - Saint Louis

Kramer Soderberg - Miami-Ohio

Drew Hanlen - Belmont

Anthony James - Northern Iowa

Anthony Campbell - Austin Peay

Josh McCoy - Cleveland State

It will be tough to top the Class of 2008:

Scott Suggs - Washington

John Brandenburg - Virginia

Jared Swopshire - Louisville

Anthony Booker - Southern Illinois

Torres Roundtree - Southern Illinois

Femi John - Saint Louis

Ruben Cotto - Saint Louis

Kramer Soderberg - Miami-Ohio

Drew Hanlen - Belmont

Anthony James - Northern Iowa

Anthony Campbell - Austin Peay

Josh McCoy - Cleveland State

Yep and

Derron Hobbs-Missouri State

Tony Meier- UW-Milwaukee

True and there were a couple of local players that signed D1 via the JUCO route in Josh Harrellson and Kenny Daniels, and a few guys that would've gone D1, but had grade issues like Kenny Leverette and Abel Tillman and possibly Cornelius Walker and Cornelius Chatt. Ron Waller was also a former D1 commit that chose JUCO. A truly great class that was. A couple of other players Brian McGee and Courtney Belger had D1 offers as well.

I was playing gainst cooney a little today actally, hes a real good mcc player but I dont know if he can go D1. Ill watch out for him this season

Vtime: Where is Brian Mcgee I think you stated before that he signed D1 (not sure maybe wrong) and rumor is that Anthony James is on his way out at Northern Iowa. Heard this from a UNI current player and that he is having a tough time adjusting to that level on the court. Is this true, because i know you are close to these two.

Billiken Roy Justin Clayborn is not on these players level. Clayborn is good in that Belleville West system.

Vtime: Where is Brian Mcgee I think you stated before that he signed D1 (not sure maybe wrong) and rumor is that Anthony James is on his way out at Northern Iowa. Heard this from a UNI current player and that he is having a tough time adjusting to that level on the court. Is this true, because i know you are close to these two.

Billiken Roy Justin Clayborn is not on these players level. Clayborn is good in that Belleville West system.

I can answer this one. McGee is at Alabama A&M. He ran into an eligibility issue at the last minute. He did get word that he may be cleared to play sometime shortly after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure where you got that info about Anthony James. Maybe you should just keep that one to yourself.

Posted Image

Brian McGee is at Alabama A&M. He has a transcript issue that has held him out. I'm not sure how that's gonna work out. James is redshirting because they have a ton of guards ahead of him. He's doing fine adjusting to school and really likes it. There are just a lot of vets ahead of him and he has a much better shot to play a lot next year. I'm not sure who could've told you anything different. If they did they're not being truthful.

Ok thanks and thats glad to hear. Thats why I asked because I heard that James will be transfering from UNI by the end of the semester or definatly after the season. We'll see how it all plays out. Also I asked that question about Mcgee because I didn't see no mention of him on their site several days ago or his name under any roster. Where is that picture of him from, because it is evident that he is on the team by the picture in the uniform but they don't have any mention of him on the website or roster or any mentioning of him being offered a scholarship no where on the web. Just curious as to why not and where the roster picture came from. Just curious thanks.