Breaking News: KSU students steal the Billiken!!!

DoctorB

This sounds like a hoax but it isn't -- in fact it was yours truly who reported the incident to DPS, as I walked across campus about 4:45 this afternoon--

if you go by there you will note two 1/4" steel rods that held down the statue, evidently sawed off with a hacksaw or something. wonder how much it weighs. a ransom note was left, scrawled on a piece of notebook paper.

Never seen it missing in 11 years. Does anyone else recall not seeing it sitting there outside old Pine Gym??

boo hoo--does this bode evil for tonight's game?? or possibly the billiken Gods will be out for revenge against the Kent folk....never wake a sleeping giant!!

This sounds like a hoax but it isn't -- in fact it was yours truly who reported the incident to DPS, as I walked across campus about 4:45 this afternoon--

if you go by there you will note two 1/4" steel rods that held down the statue, evidently sawed off with a hacksaw or something. wonder how much it weighs. a ransom note was left, scrawled on a piece of notebook paper.

Never seen it missing in 11 years. Does anyone else recall not seeing it sitting there outside old Pine Gym??

boo hoo--does this bode evil for tonight's game?? or possibly the billiken Gods will be out for revenge against the Kent folk....never wake a sleeping giant!!

Are you serial or super serial? How much does that thing weigh? I hope Kent State dies. All of them. Unless the Billiken is returned unharmed.

I understand the students are leaving candles, flowers and notes!!

The basketball program is really bringing some fun and spirit to campus. The students are in for some big time college fun that the SLU campus has not seen before.

It was a long time coming, but SLU is finally doing it right. I know, there are still some problems, and people can nit-pick if they want, but looking at it from afar and from the big picture, SLU is finally doing it right.

Congratulations, and I hope the students and the local alums enjoy it.

I reckon it was stolen by Al Qaeda. GODDAMN TERRORISTS!

That wouldn't happen now that we a super liberal waiting in the wings to calm the world.

Did you know young turkeys actually die if left in a rain storm as the look up to drink and drown.