UAB Screwed Up My Projections.....

Taj79

... yo, BlazerBoy, how does UAB lose at Tulane? I haven't relooked things but I am now thinking Memphis gets the number one. I thought they'd lose at Louisville and Cincy but with UofL in freefall .... Memphis can put them away there. How does UofL lose at home to RuPaul? The more you think you've got this figured the more it goes south.

I still like out chances of going at least 9 and 7. Either we win at Tulane or we beat UofL at Savvis. I have a win over Houston as a lock but the one thing about us that always seems to ring true ... "Saint Louis is a lock" is about as oxymoronic as "military intelligence." With appropriate apologies to A-Bomb.

Hey! I know you. Didn't you used to be Anthony Peeler?

1. Tulane played to win

2. UAB shot 3-22 from the 3pt line. We refused to stop taking those low % shots late in the game when a FG or FT would've tied the game or put us in the lead.

3. Forced 25 turnovers and had 17 steals but didn't convert because we kept shooting 3's.

4. Tulane shot 10 more FT's than we did because our big men were in BIG foul trouble

5. We kept fouling Tulane on our end of the court!!

6. We kept shooting 3's instead of trying to draw the foul or make an easier bucket.

7. Tulane did what it takes to win, we did not

I was so pissed off last night I set my house on fire.

... that UAB played not to lose? Been there and done that but this does not bode well for our guys come Saturday. I would have preferred to see a Tulane team without any hope, dreams or illusions. Seeing as they just handled you guys ... this is not good.

That's the bad news ... the good news is that I've seen SLU teams worse than this one go into New Orleans and win. So I'm thinking ....

With RuPaul's win over UofL, they have pretty much locked up a top four or five finish. The best SLU can do is win out and go 10 and 6 for the conference. It could happen. I think Marquette wins tonight and stays one game behind us and UofL with TCU. I still see UofL losing two of their last three now, knocking them out of a tie with us. I see TCU losing two of their remaining three and posing us no threat. I think MU goes at least 2 and 1 with a win tonight and a win over ECU. That sets up the big finale at Milwaukee on the final day with MU taking on UofL. I haven't looked at the tiebreakers enough to see if we compare favorably in a head-to-head with MU or not. We break even straight up but then I think they go down the final standings and compare each team with the other in head-to-head. If Memphis finishes at the top and we lost to Memphis but our competitor did not, they'd win.

Sixth still seems the most we can hope for right now which would line us up to play the #3. Which I think is Charlotte at this point.

I'd say that was a choke, BlazerBoy. Concur?

depaul is an extremely athletic and physically talented team. they really only lack a take charge point guard. mejia will probably be an outstanding player down the road, but for now he is a freshman who is very athletically gifted playing like a freshman. diener isnt a point guard either. but player for player, they matchup better size and skillwise tougher than just about anyone in the conference. especially insidewise. leito is doing a great job. just wait till dorrell wright shows up next year. he might be the over the top guy like carmello anthony was at syracuse.

It's so freakin' frustrating because we should and could be #1 in this league if we would take our heads out of our butts.

I swear, they try to get cute and play along because they think they can just make runs on everybody in the 2nd half.

I love my team but they piss me off because they underachieve.

after watching cincy last nite, they appear to have the horses to walk through this thing especially since the tourney is in cincy. the negative is no real point guard, which makes uab a tough matchup because their blazer guards are so good. but then you have to consider how strong maxiell, hicks and johnson are inside which uab doesnt match up there. hell, cincy uses what would be our best power forward, kirkland as a third string point guard.

personally i think it is uab and cincy. but of course louisville is always tough, depaul has the horses, and charlotte is good too. this is the most balanced year the conference has ever had.

they dont know how to win. that is where a pitino comes into play. he makes a team better because he forces that will and attitude on his team.