The Blog is Back

davidnark

http://billikenbasketball.blogspot.com/

The first article in over a year is more of a personal column. Time permitting, I will hopefully add my commentary throughout the season.

Good Stuff. Posts should be pulled into the News Aggregator now. I will see if I can make them hit the front page itself.

Edit: This won't happen tonight (blogspot for some reason produces RSS feeds that don't place nice with Drupal or IPB)

I too love the on Campus Arena. I'm really sad that I can't make it to the 1st game because I've dreamed about this for a long time.

For me it represents a regular college experience. My family is comprised of huge Auburn fans and after a big Auburn football win over Bama' rolling Toomer's Corner my Uncle turned to me and said, "this is what you are missing going to your school." He wanted me to go to Auburn so bad. I chose SLU for academics and because it is a Catholic School eventhough I really love College sports. We don't have football but we do have Soccer and Basketball. Though I am proud of SLU's soccer heritage, Soccer isn't what brings nostalgia to the mind of most college fans (save some in STL). Basketball represents a chance to bring SLU students and alumni together for our school in a public fun way. To have that occur on campus in our own building is special. It is a reason to return to campus to be in touch with the school. It is hope of having a better team because of top notch facilities. Most people don't know SLU but alot of people love the NCAA tournament. Make a deep run into the tournament and you enter the lore of the tournament you enter the conciousness of Sports fans in America. I'm ready for SLU to be good to achieve in the tournament to be known by the average sports fan. I'm so pumped for the day when SLU makes the tournament and I can fly a Billiken Banner on my front porch in Texas and people tell me hey I picked your team on my brackets. Let's have the arena rocking we control the atmosphere and that can impact the team so let's do it right because it has been a long time coming.

I too love the on Campus Arena. I'm really sad that I can't make it to the 1st game because I've dreamed about this for a long time.

For me it represents a regular college experience. My family is comprised of huge Auburn fans and after a big Auburn football win over Bama' rolling Toomer's Corner my Uncle turned to me and said, "this is what you are missing going to your school." He wanted me to go to Auburn so bad. I chose SLU for academics and because it is a Catholic School eventhough I really love College sports. We don't have football but we do have Soccer and Basketball. Though I am proud of SLU's soccer heritage, Soccer isn't what brings nostalgia to the mind of most college fans (save some in STL). Basketball represents a chance to bring SLU students and alumni together for our school in a public fun way. To have that occur on campus in our own building is special. It is a reason to return to campus to be in touch with the school. It is hope of having a better team because of top notch facilities. Most people don't know SLU but alot of people love the NCAA tournament. Make a deep run into the tournament and you enter the lore of the tournament you enter the conciousness of Sports fans in America. I'm ready for SLU to be good to achieve in the tournament to be known by the average sports fan. I'm so pumped for the day when SLU makes the tournament and I can fly a Billiken Banner on my front porch in Texas and people tell me hey I picked your team on my brackets. Let's have the arena rocking we control the atmosphere and that can impact the team so let's do it right because it has been a long time coming.

Don't shed too many tears. We play UMSL so the game itself will be awful. Me, for one, am going to be out of town and really won't miss watching us match up with the Rivermen --- er Tritons or whatever they are calling themselves nowadays.

http://billikenbasketball.blogspot.com/

The first article in over a year is more of a personal column. Time permitting, I will hopefully add my commentary throughout the season.

Not to nitpick but the Cupple Station warehouse "arena" was not going to be a Billiken arena. The Blues would have been the main tenant and the Bills would have been the second tenant much like Savvis.

Don't shed too many tears. We play UMSL so the game itself will be awful. Me, for one, am going to be out of town and really won't miss watching us match up with the Rivermen --- er Tritons or whatever they are calling themselves nowadays.

How in the world can somebody spend as much time on here as we do and not be completely pumped for the game this Friday. We could play Our Lady of the Lake and I'd be thrilled at this point. I'll be listening to "Saints" all day long.