Info on Majerus events

GoBills

The following is an email that I received late this afternoon about Thursdays event. Nothing like waiting to the last minute to inform people who donate to the Billiken Club.

----

Meet and Greet with Coach Majerus

The Saint Louis University department of athletics announced an informal "Meet and Greet" with the 2008-09 Billiken men's basketball team on Thursday, Oct. 30. All SLU fans are invited to the free event which begins at 6 p.m. with free bratwursts being served at the North Entrance to Chaifetz Arena. The rest of the evening's events will take place in the bowl of the main arena.

Practice is slated to end at 6:30 p.m., and the team will be available for autographs from approximately 6:40 p.m. until 7:15 p.m. Head coach Rick Majerus will introduce the members of the squad at 7:15 p.m. For the remainder of the evening, coach Majerus will address the crowd and discuss the team and the upcoming season. The event will end at approximately 7:45 p.m.

The Billikens posted a 16-15 record last season and begin the 2008-09 slate with a 7 p.m. exhibition game at Chaifetz Arena Wednesday, Nov. 5, against Harris-Stowe. The regular season begins Friday, Nov. 14, when Missouri-St. Louis inaugurates basketball at Chaifetz Arena at 7 p.m.

We have to remember that slu doesn't actually manage the arena, and that Chartwells is the company that does all of the food there. They are the same company that manages all of the food on campus as well, and let me tell you, they are cheap little POSs. They overcharge for every simple little thing, so I am not surprised at all by the amount that they charge even at events like this, although it does make me a little sick.

We have to remember that slu doesn't actually manage the arena, and that Chartwells is the company that does all of the food there. They are the same company that manages all of the food on campus as well, and let me tell you, they are cheap little POSs. They overcharge for every simple little thing, so I am not surprised at all by the amount that they charge even at events like this, although it does make me a little sick.

They took the trays away from the students so they have to carry their plates, that way they dont take too much. Now I hear they are weighing the leftovers from their trays to track how much food is thrown away.

They took the trays away from the students so they have to carry their plates, that way they dont take too much. Now I hear they are weighing the leftovers from their trays to track how much food is thrown away.

How do they weigh the leftovers from their trays if they took their trays away?