look at this bearcat news

billiken_roy

This was hinted at a while ago. I remember reading it in ESPN the Magazine or something where Hugs was lamenting the fact that he couldn't get Whaley motivated to keep his head or his body in the game. I seem to recall posting that and asking Naticat for a response but don't recall getting one. It was buried in a deep thread a long time ago.

I loved Hugs comment about "student-athlete." Whaley has got to be a poster boy for the NBDL. That guy had no intentions of getting educated short of getting to the NBA. I'd love to know what he was majoring in ... maybe I'll be proved wrong but I an guessing that it wasn't "rocket science" or anything too difficult. Just enough to stay eligible for a year and a half.

Can't say I'm overly surprised at this development. Seems that it was just a matter of time between those two (Whaley and Hugs). I'd have to offer that if Whaley can't stay "on track" at Cincy he has two chances left .... slim and none.

Hey! I know you. Didn't you used to be Michael Olawakandi?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1742638

whaley has actually been used very little for the bearcats. i think he averages just over 10 minutes per game and it has been steady going down from there. my friend, naticat, tells me that he is lazy, and doesnt listen to coach huggins. another example of a spoiled aau athlete that likely hasnt been coached his entire life. sad to see he blew a chance when few would give him that second chance except huggy.

>http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1742638

>

>whaley has actually been used very little for the bearcats.

>i think he averages just over 10 minutes per game and it has

>been steady going down from there. my friend, naticat,

>tells me that he is lazy, and doesnt listen to coach

>huggins. another example of a spoiled aau athlete that

>likely hasnt been coached his entire life. sad to see he

>blew a chance when few would give him that second chance

>except huggy.

You nailed it Roy (thanks to NatiCat, of course!). The last Cincy game I watched on ESPN a few weeks ago Vitale (when not talking about Duke) kept mentioning how Whaley "hadn't bought into Huggins' system yet" in terms of knowing his role and working hard in practice. This has pertetually been the kid's problem. In HS he was suspended many times for truancy and his attitude kept both Michigan State and Michigan from recruiting him. I blame the kid more than anything else and if anything it could be a positive for Cincy.

Hello Bill fans, long time no speak. Let me just say on thing: "ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION". What a happy morning it is for me knowing Mr. Whaley is no longer a part of this UC team. I was against him coming to UC in the first place and i'm sure glad he's finally gone.

Roy, how's everything going these days? Will you be heading to Cincy next month for the tourney? I may be heading out to St.Louis with gruehls for Nati's big day in October, I will let you know.

UC-12

SLU-9

In double overtime....

>>http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1742638

>>

>>whaley has actually been used very little for the bearcats.

>>i think he averages just over 10 minutes per game and it has

>>been steady going down from there. my friend, naticat,

>>tells me that he is lazy, and doesnt listen to coach

>>huggins. another example of a spoiled aau athlete that

>>likely hasnt been coached his entire life. sad to see he

>>blew a chance when few would give him that second chance

>>except huggy.

>

>You nailed it Roy (thanks to NatiCat, of course!). The last

>Cincy game I watched on ESPN a few weeks ago Vitale (when

>not talking about Duke) kept mentioning how Whaley "hadn't

>bought into Huggins' system yet" in terms of knowing his

>role and working hard in practice. This has pertetually

>been the kid's problem. In HS he was suspended many times

>for truancy and his attitude kept both Michigan State and

>Michigan from recruiting him. I blame the kid more than

>anything else and if anything it could be a positive for

>Cincy.

Yet Quin Snyder went through the effort of hiring Tony Harvey in order to try to get this punk. That tells you a lot about Snyder

tom, no, it will be my 20th wedding anniversary in march. every year i have somehow convinced my wife to celebrate our anniversary at the conference tourney. so i guess every 20 years we go where she wants to go instead. i can live with that. so i will be on the high seas during tourney time. naticat and his fiance and about 6 other couples will be with us as well. i am sure the carnival boat we will be on will have satellite tv in one of the bars to keep up with not only the end of the cusa tourney, but also the first round of the ncaa the next week.

looking forward to the big day later this year. naticat told me that you and gruehls were on the guest list. i guess as long as you guys dont stand out with your red shirts that will be ok.

i totally agree on whaley. too bad the kid didnt realize what an opportunity coach huggins gave him. the bad part for cincy is you all wasted a spot on the bench for a year, but i guess huggins thought the potential was worth it.

How can you "waste a spot on the bench for a year" when that spot wasn't even being used in the first place? Hopefully Rob finds what he's looking for and everything works out for him in the long run. Have a good time on your cruise and i will be wearing a red UC tie with my black suit if i make out for Nati's wedding...

Taj, you planning on coming to the tourney?

... my itinerary depends on how the Bills finish and when they play. And what the precocious SluSignKid is up to. He asked for a ride (what with GWU being close to Bal-Mer) and I'm going but it depends on when and his exam schedule.

We'll buy tickets as we go so hopefully we'll meet up. Your turn to buy as I remember Naticat telling me. Figures that he would have to porter the lovely Anita's bags on that trip. You know what a weak wimp broy is!

I know we'll be there for the first game. And of course a second should the Bills have to win a first which I believe they will. After taht .. who knows. One of my buds is a season ticket holder at UD and a UD/St. Joe A-10 final might be hard to pass up.

Hope to see you.

Nati and broy said I could have their beers as well.

Hey! I remember you. Didn't you used to be Kenyon Dooling?

You got it, the first one is on me. I will talk with you when the tourney gets a little closer.

I told Nati lastyear that his days as a bachelor were numbered and he just flipped me off...I just hope the future Mrs.Nati doesn't change him from a UC fan into a Bill's fan.

the future mrs naticat is no college basketball fan. we had to beg her to go to the game on valentine's day and then of course we wanted to go to the west vs althoff game that evening and she wasnt a happy dog. the point is, i dont think she is in the future billiken club line. of course i am always lobbying nati to become a billiken fan. he has gotten to see some good games this year as he goes with me on the occasion that one of my kids cant go or the lovely anita is working.

cheesy, $nyder took the whaley recruitment right up to jury deliberation. if $nyder had any decency, he would have at least cut ties as soon as the charges were made if not before.

Cheese, the only reason Quin hired the sleazy Tony Harvey to be an assistant was to get to Whaley, even though schools like Michigan and Michigan State wanted nothing to do with the kid. Whaley had a terrible rep even before the final incident. Snyder never should have gotten involved with that kid to begin with. And surprise, not long after Whaley, Quin made the same mistake with RC. And then after that, he made the same mistake with RP.

Well, the biggest flaw that Quin Snyder has is his desire to help kids who might be considered "bad seeds." The problem is the only one he's really succeeded with had been Arthur Johnson. I don't know why he should be criticized for his actions with Whaley. Clemons: definitely, Pulley: more than likely, but he still did the right thing with Whaley.

I had NOTHING to do with the planing commitee on this cruise thing. This is pretty much how it went....

Mrs Nati "Were going on a cruise next year."

Nati "Ok, when?"

Mrs Nati "March 12th through the 20th"

(Mrs then see's the wheels turning in my head and before I could say a word....)

Mrs Nati "Thats too bad, Its Roy & Anita's 20th and were going!"

Me "ok" (With my head held low)

(When the coast was clear, I ran to a phone to tell Roy exactly what I thought about his little important day)

Tom, Dont let Taj weasel his way out of Round 2 at the tournament. I for one know that it can take him two years to buy beers! Oh and uhhh...Drink 3 for me!

BTW....I couldnt agree more about Addition by Subtraction. Hope to see you and G in October!

hehehehehehe naticat has obviously yet to figure out the impossible task of walking the tightrope of "keeping her happy too". good luck figuring this all out nati. of course i have been married now for 19 years, 11 months and 45 minutes and i havent been too successful at figuring it out either. the man that does will have eternal peace. as far as i know, no one has ever completely figured it out.

if $nyder was so giving and concerned for his players and recruits, then i doubt he would have run off the many players he has during his time at mi$$ouri.

Will you be inviting "Footes" and "TheTorch" to your wedding? I'm sure gruehls will definitely come if they're going to be there? LOL

I will be more than happy to drink your share of beers at the tourney and don't worry about Taj, he'll buy a round!

Of course I'll buy numerous rounds for you Tom .... and then you tell Nati just how gracious I can be and it will drive him crazy. I like that! I am guessing that this ill-placed opinion of my beer-buying abilities has slowed my invitation to the date of wedded remembrance (aka the end of life as you knew it).

We will know that Nati is completely sunk when he starts with the tell-tale "lovely Mrs. Nati" comments like his mentor there, the scaliwag Caribbean pirate hisself, broy! I have to ask ... "after 19 years, 11 months and 45 minutes (give or take some additional time now)" .. does she still fall for that crap or does she just make you believe she falls for that crap?

This is akin to the question, "so, broy, have you stopped beating your wife?" I'll send you a sign for your cabin door .... "If the Boat's A-Rockin', Don't Come A-Knockin'!" Remember, plead the fifth and blame it on "high seas"!

Hey! I Know You! Didn't you used to be Joe Forte?

.. up until you spewed the "Quin helping kids" line. That's bunk .... he's only helping those that help him .... charity don't save highly paid collegiate or pro coaches .... winning does. I think it commendable that he did cut ties with Whaley, I have no problem with him waiting as he did ... aren't all presumed innocent until proven guilty ... but his track record is questionable at best.

I also question Hugs at times in the guys he goes after but he seems to hit as many as he misses. I would have considered this only strike two for Whaley not knowing the depth of his problems but it sounds like strike three given his track record in high school that chased Michigan and MSU off.

I think we've seen the last of Mr. Whaley on an NCAA Division I hardcourt.

Hey! I know you. Didn't you used to be Chris Washburn?

I have all the faith in the world that you'll buy a round or two, Taj.

Nati, you need to speak up for yourself or it's only going to get worse. Here's my question for you. Will you be going to the Big East tourney or the A-10 tourney in the future?