Women's Hoops Recruits

Can't say with 100% confidence as of yet, but rumors have it that the women's team has picked up a 6-4 kid out of Texas. A friend out of Columbia recently told me that Katherine Harry, a 6-3 forward in the '09 class from Rock Bridge, has narrowed her list to SLU, Notre Dame, Kansas State, and DePaul.

Thats real good to hear. Shimmy has shown the ability to recruit but hasnt been able to keep them at SLU for various reasons. If they have a subpar year should Shimmy be on the hot seat? I think shes great but it doesnt hurt to ask the question. She has had some very solid recruiting classes with subpar results.

shimmy got here spring of 2005. so she really has had only 2 recruiting classes. the now juniors are her first real class. we all know how important seniors are to a team. and if anyone inherited absolutely nothing it was shimmy from the departed jilliken p. she will have two seniors on her roster, heather king, (who might be the most over achieving hardest working get the most out her talent athlete at saint louis university, but is definitely limited to what she can accomplish.) and jamela haynes who has yet to average 5 mpg in her three years at slu.

it is concerning that a number of what seemed like quality shimmy recruits have left the program. but i have no information on why they have left.

we havent seen the newest class, but if they rival freshman alisha goodwin for abilities (i have seen alisha a lot over the last four years), shimmy has some players to go along with the very good juniors, teresa lisch, katie paganelli, amanda kemezys and sophomore lauren woods.

shimmy got here spring of 2005. so she really has had only 2 recruiting classes. the now juniors are her first real class. we all know how important seniors are to a team. and if anyone inherited absolutely nothing it was shimmy from the departed jilliken p. she will have two seniors on her roster, heather king, (who might be the most over achieving hardest working get the most out her talent athlete at saint louis university, but is definitely limited to what she can accomplish.) and jamela haynes who has yet to average 5 mpg in her three years at slu.

it is concerning that a number of what seemed like quality shimmy recruits have left the program. but i have no information on why they have left.

we havent seen the newest class, but if they rival freshman alisha goodwin for abilities (i have seen alisha a lot over the last four years), shimmy has some players to go along with the very good juniors, teresa lisch, katie paganelli, amanda kemezys and sophomore lauren woods.

I thought she got here in 2004? I could be wrong.

Guest BillikenReport

Don't forget Shimmy already has one commitment in this upcoming recruiting class in SG/PG Ashley Hanlen from St. Joe's Academy in St. Louis.

I think a "hot-seat" is a bit premature for a few reasons:

1) after three seasons, still has players from the previous regime!

2) even the best lose players; eg. Geno signed the best player in the country last year at UCONN, only to see her leave after two days of summer school a few weeks ago. This trend will continue as long as parents

teach that it is OK to quit when things might get tough or don't go the way you want it to! A SOFT SOCIETY we live in!!!

3) how long had Pinkel been at Mizzou before his "turnaround" season last year? Hard to turn around a mid-major with Absolutely No Tradiiton in three years!!!!

I think if she gets support from the new A.D. and his staff, she will have the team fighting for an A-10 title within two more years.

2) even the best lose players; eg. Geno signed the best player in the country last year at UCONN, only to see her leave after two days of summer school a few weeks ago. This trend will continue as long as parents

teach that it is OK to quit when things might get tough or don't go the way you want it to! A SOFT SOCIETY we live in!!!

3) how long had Pinkel been at Mizzou before his "turnaround" season last year? Hard to turn around a mid-major with Absolutely No Tradiiton in three years!!!!

I think if she gets support from the new A.D. and his staff, she will have the team fighting for an A-10 title within two more years.

If im not mistaken didnt we have a commitment from some girl who plays at east st. louis and another who plays at kirkwood

I agree. I really like Shimmy and get excited for the womens team every time I hear her talk. I believe she will be able to turn it around. But it doesnt hurt to keep a close eye on things if they do have another lackluster season.

Guest BillikenReport

Here's the roster for the upcoming season:

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/w-bask...baskbl-mtt.html

The team, despite the losses, has a chance to be good this season. Then, next year, T. Lisch and her classmates will be seniors, the big incoming class this year will be sophomores, and the tall transfer from Miami will be eligible. That should be a very good year.

I will bet that if the women aren't winning at least 18 games a year within the next two years, Shimmy would probably step down herself, even with the contract extension. Until then, anyone who wouldn't want her to be the face

of the women's hoops program would be insane. She is class, passionate, and represents this institution with fervor!

The team, despite the losses, has a chance to be good this season. Then, next year, T. Lisch and her classmates will be seniors, the big incoming class this year will be sophomores, and the tall transfer from Miami will be eligible. That should be a very good year.

I dont really know but who can we expect to be the biggest contributer out of then new players.

I will bet that if the women aren't winning at least 18 games a year within the next two years, Shimmy would probably step down herself, even with the contract extension. Until then, anyone who wouldn't want her to be the face

of the women's hoops program would be insane. She is class, passionate, and represents this institution with fervor!

I agree. If Shimmy cant turn this program around its going to be very difficult to find someone who can.

If im not mistaken didnt we have a commitment from some girl who plays at east st. louis and another who plays at kirkwood

there is no senior girl at east side this year worthy of D-1 (however they do have a boat load of underclass talent!) and if you are talking this past senior class, teandra smith, the best player by far in the st louis area committed to the illini. no other graduates from this past year worthy.

maybe you are thinking of alisha goodwin from belleville althoff and devonna smith from kirkwood who are both freshmen this season for shimmy. alisha indeed is for real. i know very little about devonna but she comes highly acclaimed.

p.s. the freshman point guard from last year that wigged out on shimmy in the first couple of weeks claiming homesick for sweet home chicago, was a major loss last year. she would have been the perfect ingredient and allowed teresa to be a wing where she would have been so much more effective than she is at the point.

there is no senior girl at east side this year worthy of D-1 (however they do have a boat load of underclass talent!) and if you are talking this past senior class, teandra smith, the best player by far in the st louis area committed to the illini. no other graduates from this past year worthy.

maybe you are thinking of alisha goodwin from belleville althoff and devonna smith from kirkwood who are both freshmen this season for shimmy. alisha indeed is for real. i know very little about devonna but she comes highly acclaimed.

I thought Smith committed to us, thats it

Sat near Shimmy having sushi @ Sekisui with who I believe is the transfer for Miami. Big girl!

I agree. If Shimmy cant turn this program around its going to be very difficult to find someone who can.

I have loved Shimmey from the day I first met her and I have no doubt she will get the job done and make us a competitive team. We should not even be talking about evaluating her as the coach until after the end of next year when her first recruits are seniors.

I wouldn't put her on the hot seat. The Women's team should be the biggest beneficiary of the new Arena, as they didn't get the benefit of playing home games at the Scott Trade. So I'll give her sometime in the new building to get things going.

roy, you were Jill's biggest cheerleader while she was here. Why have you changed your tune?

roy, you were Jill's biggest cheerleader while she was here. Why have you changed your tune?

i jumped off the wagon about two seasons before she was fired. the year she signed the girl from centralia as her top recruit, and that girl couldnt play on most area high school starting teams, she proved she wasnt working anymore.