Dec Tourney in Vegas

The Wiz

Just got back from Vegas. I was over at the Orleans Hotel where they have a large indoor billboard advertising the Dec Tourney. The good news is we are getting good PR being listed as a tourney participant. Bad news is the teams are listed in order of projected rankings. Unfortunately, we are ranked 6 th ahead of only basketball powerhouses--South Carolina Upstate and Liberty.

The Wiz

Just got back from Vegas. I was over at the Orleans Hotel where they have a large indoor billboard advertising the Dec Tourney. The good news is we are getting good PR being listed as a tourney participant. Bad news is the teams are listed in order of projected rankings. Unfortunately, we are ranked 6 th ahead of only basketball powerhouses--South Carolina Upstate and Liberty.

The Wiz

Wow! DePaul, Fresno and Southern are not exactly world beaters.

Anyway maybe this will be a positive, all those teams ranked higher will take us lightly :(

In fairness, Creighton a pretty good team will also be there. I was hoping we would be ranked 3rd or 4th in this tourney. But it may be as you say, we will be under the radar and taken lightly.

The Wiz

There is no way those are rankings for the entire tournament. Southern's rpi last year was in the 300's, No Colorado was around 275ish. Simply no way they have them ranked higher than SLU. What you probably saw was the rankings for each division of the tournament. SC Upstate & Liberty are in SLU's half of the bracket --- No Colorado & Southern are in the other half of the bracket.

I obviously didn't see what you saw, but that has to be some sort of ranking for each side of the bracket or something. I'm guessing they listed the top half of the bracket in order, then immediately listed the bottom half of the bracket below them - making SLU seem like 6th overall, when actually they are #2 in their half of the bracket. If they were 6th, they wouldn't be getting home games in the prelim rounds.

Again though, I didn't see the actual poster you are referring to.

There is no way those are rankings for the entire tournament. Southern's rpi last year was in the 300's, No Colorado was around 275ish. Simply no way they have them ranked higher than SLU. What you probably saw was the rankings for each division of the tournament. SC Upstate & Liberty are in SLU's half of the bracket --- No Colorado & Southern are in the other half of the bracket.

I obviously didn't see what you saw, but that has to be some sort of ranking for each side of the bracket or something. I'm guessing they listed the top half of the bracket in order, then immediately listed the bottom half of the bracket below them - making SLU seem like 6th overall, when actually they are #2 in their half of the bracket. If they were 6th, they wouldn't be getting home games in the prelim rounds.

Again though, I didn't see the actual poster you are referring to.

Obviously, RM is known in Vegas or we would not have gotten invited and a few extra games will be good for us before league play

Obviously, RM is known in Vegas or we would not have gotten invited and a few extra games will be good for us before league play

What is obvious about that? We have played in tournaments like this for 15+ years and often have played in better ones. I don't think RM being our head coach has much to do with us being invited to this event.

I`ve always thought that SLU would be an ideal choice to play in the Great Alaska Shootout,since the Billiken is an Eskimo good luck charm.

I`ve always thought that SLU would be an ideal choice to play in the Great Alaska Shootout,since the Billiken is an Eskimo good luck charm.

We would have been pre climatized.

we would have been the most prepared out of state team because of the time played on wood over ice at the Savvis, Scott Trade or Keil, whatever.

Hope we soon gain "home court" advantage having our own arena.

We would have been pre climatized.

we would have been the most prepared out of state team because of the time played on wood over ice at the Savvis, Scott Trade or Keil, whatever.

Hope we soon gain "home court" advantage having our own arena.

Here's the schedule:

http://basketballtournamentsinc.com/Forms/...ic/Schedule.pdf

the las vegas part of it will be pretty cool!