Liddell's Grades & Scores

kevinfootes

The reason TL probably has not taken the ACT again is if he is taking an ACT Prep class or being tutored on the areas of weaknesses that he showed in the first test, he is much better off getting better prepared rather than keep taking the test under prepared and getting discouraged. Also, it does make a difference when you take the test because the norming tables differ from fall to spring. It is not at all uncommon for students to increase their score from the fall to the spring for just this reason. I know some of you said your kids did not increase their scores the second time they took the ACT - that might very well be true and is not necessarily uncommon. However, what I have found is that students who take a very targeted preparation program - not just a general class - tend to increase their scores by a couple of points and even as much as four. The key is being prepared on the areas of your weaknesses not just general test taking skills. This spring would probably be his best shot if he has down this.

i wish i would have found that "very targeted preparation program" for my son.

he went to a three night seminar and got a "how to take the test" type study guide and still couldnt get a higher score.

Roy,the people who tutor in those targeted areas of weaknesses are usually individuals who work soley 1-1. You have to simply ask around at various better schools - both public and private - and you can usually find a name or two which will lead to another name or two. By the way, seldom can you get the same person to do the quantitative parts due to the specialized areas. By the way, the cost is usually around $35-50 an hour but you can usually get by with 3-5 hours per area.