Julian Johnson?

What is the deal with this kid? I seen him listed from 6'2 to 6'4 and he played the 4 for Whitfield. He was first team all-state as a sophomore this year. I think he playing the wing for the Eagles this summer.

Will he translate as a legit wing on the next level?

Guest BillikenReport

What is the deal with this kid? I seen him listed from 6'2 to 6'4 and he played the 4 for Whitfield. He was first team all-state as a sophomore this year. I think he playing the wing for the Eagles this summer.

Will he translate as a legit wing on the next level?

He's a nice player in the Sanijay Watts mold — tough undersized power forward who is very effective inside.

He could be as short as 6-2, so he's going to have to play on the wing in college. He's going to have to do a lot of work to turn himself into a wing, but he is a nice player.

- Nate

He's around 6'3 220lbs and is going to have totally retool his body and work on a lot of perimeter skills to play college basketball at the D1 level, but I've seen guys his size be successful at the D2 and other levels. I saw him score in the Whitfield tournament earlier this year. He's a load inside, and actually a pretty good ballhandler.

Donnie Dobbs was a great player --- but that team worked for him as much as he did for that team. There were multiple bomber options on that team --- Claggett, Highmark, Waldman, Turner ---- so much so that the interior defenders could not help, which left the middle pretty much a free range to roam. Put Dobbs on a team with one shooter (ala Lisch) and the interior space shrinks and Dobbs might not do what he did because of limitations of the team, not the player.

Last year's Duke team, which was more apt to take the three than drive to the hole, is a fine example of that kind of makeup. As usual, the answer to the question, in this case "can a team compete with a 6'2" power forward?" is "it depends."

Donnie Dobbs was a great player --- but that team worked for him as much as he did for that team. There were multiple bomber options on that team --- Claggett, Highmark, Waldman, Turner ---- so much so that the interior defenders could not help, which left the middle pretty much a free range to roam. Put Dobbs on a team with one shooter (ala Lisch) and the interior space shrinks and Dobbs might not do what he did because of limitations of the team, not the player.

Last year's Duke team, which was more apt to take the three than drive to the hole, is a fine example of that kind of makeup. As usual, the answer to the question, in this case "can a team compete with a 6'2" power forward?" is "it depends."

Dobbs was as much of a power forward as Luke Meyer was. The Bills were playing 4 guards when he was in there.