Possible transfer

credit to the A-10 board

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2008/05/rashad-green.html

Shooting guard Rashad Green is drawing interest after announcing his plans to transfer from Manhattan College.

"St. Louis and St. Bonaventure inquired about his situation," said Gary Charles, Green's AAU coach with the New York Panthers. "St. Bonaventure would like to take him. St. Louis would not get involved until he was officially released (which happened last week)."

There has been some speculation that Green might end up at Georgia Tech, especially after GT coach Paul Hewitt recently announced that he would be introducing a transfer in the coming weeks. But Charles said nothing was imminent.

A 6-foot-4, 195-pound native of North Babylon, N.Y., Green averaged 7.8 points and 5.0 rebounds in 21.3 minutes as a freshman at Manhattan and is seeking more playing time.

Green is the younger brother of Danny Green, a junior at North Carolina who declared for the NBA Draft but did not hire an agent.

Rashad Green played high school ball at St. Mary in Manhasset, N.Y., and then prepped a year at Bridgton Academy in Maine.

Manhattan was 12 - 19 and plays in the MAAC. I'm not sure how he expects to get more playing time some where else.

I wouldn't sleep on Manhattan players who might want to leave. Xavier had a pretty good transfer from Manhattan named C.J. Anderson.

bad boyz from life

Agreed but Manhattan was a much better program when Anderson was there and he was big-time in that conference even as a freshman.

True, but I also remember an Oklahoma State team that started transfers from such schools as baylor (which was at the bottom of the big 12), an average brigham young team and central florida of all places. They wound up going to the Final Four.

not saying slu is ready to go to the final four, but it shows, look at the player. not the program.

bad boyz for life

True, but I also remember an Oklahoma State team that started transfers from such schools as baylor (which was at the bottom of the big 12), an average brigham young team and central florida of all places. They wound up going to the Final Four.

not saying slu is ready to go to the final four, but it shows, look at the player. not the program.

bad boyz for life

It also shows how incredible a coach Eddie Sutton really was. Didn't four of those guys reach the NBA?