The day after the JH bomb dropped, or ournuclear spring

Well, the sun came up. Dog still licks my face to take him out for early morning walk through. Wife hands me a to do list, which I promptly pitch in the can after she leaves for office. Check Biiliken.com, remind my self to get Steve his donation. Still see many of the same posters typing away. Was happy to see the board didn't crash over the loss of JH. Glad to see Brianstl was not hit with a defamation of character law suit by the Harrelson family. Yep, just about everything normal in Billiken nation. Yes, we have a wound to lick here. But it's not mortal by any means. Concerns should now turn to Cotto and Reed qualifying. Even though WR will likely redshirt. Looked anxiously for topic headings that read, "A new JUCO big we're after." , or "Biancardi lands 7'2" Serbian All World Center" (no family loans involved, please). All this JH stuff got me to wondering why we weren't so upset when Capobianca committed to IU? Guess, we were never as close is the reason. Am also wondering whose on our radar for '09 class. I can only come up with Averkamp and Allen. Anyone else on our radar scope? Read w/ interest this new guy maggards posts. He sounds knowledgeable, but am skeptical about such a supposed well connected guy posting on a team board. He was dropping name bombs all over the place, Thomas, Diener, SLU people. You would think they'd like to keep their player evaluations private, since that's how they make their living. Wonder how you get those gigs? I mean how do you sell yourself as "an evaluator of future D1 talent?" But found it interesting he said he'd had talks w/ SLU about JH. My guess would be if RM finds out he's been on here chatting with the little people, he'll have a tough time getting any future business from SLU. But all in all, glad to see there are no major disasters to report the day after the JH bomb fell. Hope he likes KY. He can now party all summer and wow the babes with, "Yeah, I play for Kentucky." One other thought about his choice: I think it's a product of today's youth having a fascination with instant celebrity. You play for KY, you are an elite high major instant celeb. Hey, he'll be hanging with Ashley Judd. You play for SLU, you are mid major little known local night club act. But just remember, the bigger you are the harder the fall. I must be off. Send Steve his cash, and pull that damn list out of the garbage can.

Well, the sun came up. Dog still licks my face to take him out for early morning walk through. Wife hands me a to do list, which I promptly pitch in the can after she leaves for office. Check Biiliken.com, remind my self to get Steve his donation. Still see many of the same posters typing away. Was happy to see the board didn't crash over the loss of JH. Glad to see Brianstl was not hit with a defamation of character law suit by the Harrelson family. Yep, just about everything normal in Billiken nation. Yes, we have a wound to lick here. But it's not mortal by any means. Concerns should now turn to Cotto and Reed qualifying. Even though WR will likely redshirt. Looked anxiously for topic headings that read, "A new JUCO big we're after." , or "Biancardi lands 7'2" Serbian All World Center" (no family loans involved, please). All this JH stuff got me to wondering why we weren't so upset when Capobianca committed to IU? Guess, we were never as close is the reason. Am also wondering whose on our radar for '09 class. I can only come up with Averkamp and Allen. Anyone else on our radar scope? Read w/ interest this new guy maggards posts. He sounds knowledgeable, but am skeptical about such a supposed well connected guy posting on a team board. He was dropping name bombs all over the place, Thomas, Diener, SLU people. You would think they'd like to keep their player evaluations private, since that's how they make their living. Wonder how you get those gigs? I mean how do you sell yourself as "an evaluator of future D1 talent?" But found it interesting he said he'd had talks w/ SLU about JH. My guess would be if RM finds out he's been on here chatting with the little people, he'll have a tough time getting any future business from SLU. But all in all, glad to see there are no major disasters to report the day after the JH bomb fell. Hope he likes KY. He can now party all summer and wow the babes with, "Yeah, I play for Kentucky." One other thought about his choice: I think it's a product of today's youth having a fascination with instant celebrity. You play for KY, you are an elite high major instant celeb. Hey, he'll be hanging with Ashley Judd. You play for SLU, you are mid major little known local night club act. But just remember, the bigger you are the harder the fall. I must be off. Send Steve his cash, and pull that damn list out of the garbage can.

I have been told by consel not comment at this point in time.

Even though WR will likely redshirt.

I find that doubtful as things stand right now. We kicked off Marcus and Adam. So, we only have three big guys next year (without Willie) - Barry, Conklin, and Thompson. We will need Willie to play. We no longer of the luxury of a redshirt.

According to Scout.com we have offers out to the following for 2009:

Bryant Allen

Matt Vogrich

Tre Lee

Ben Avercamp

Sam Dower

Thanks for the update. In that I don't subsribe, can you provide us with their positions and/or height/weight. I understand Allen to be a guard (1 and/or 2 guard) and Vogrich is a forward but not sure of the rest. Assume they are all high school juniors who will be seniors next year.

Thanks for the update. In that I don't subsribe, can you provide us with their positions and/or height/weight. I understand Allen to be a guard (1 and/or 2 guard) and Vogrich is a forward but not sure of the rest. Assume they are all high school juniors who will be seniors next year.

You don't have to subscribe...this is free on the scout network (i'm pretty sure).

http://saintlouis.scout.com/a.z?s=437&...c=4&yr=2009

According to Scout.com we have offers out to the following for 2009:

Bryant Allen

Matt Vogrich

Tre Lee

Ben Avercamp

Sam Dower

Not getting local boy JH, many reasons including family reasons to stay in SL, does not bode will.

Now a bunch of 1*-2* and one 3*, and no centers? Know it is early, but thought RM had sights set higher for future.

we have the best incoming class in the history of the program. you are a moron.

*s mean nothing. cotto is a 1* and i'll bet he ends up being the best of the bunch.

JH would have been icing on the cake. doesn't mean the class is bad.

Not getting local boy JH, many reasons including family reasons to stay in SL, does not bode will.

Now a bunch of 1*-2* and one 3*, and no centers? Know it is early, but thought RM had sights set higher for future.

We have two 7 footers and a 6'8" power forward. Why post "... no centers?" Would a 4th big man have been nice, absolutely. Power forwards/centers are hard to come by - especially in the spring.

we have the best incoming class in the history of the program. you are a moron.

*s mean nothing. cotto is a 1* and i'll bet he ends up being the best of the bunch.

JH would have been icing on the cake. doesn't mean the class is bad.

The list was for 2009 recruits, so you do not "get it" but you shot your mouth off.

I just think that since it is so far in the future, RM would be looking for better talent than, yet according to this, he made offers already.

Hell yes, I do appreciate the incoming class: the 2008 class (trying to keep things straight for you).

And YES, "*'s" do mean something, though not faultless, outcome of five 4*s will be better than five 1*'s.

I "get it". You do not.

The list was for 2009 recruits, so you do not "get it" but you shot your mouth off.

I just think that since it is so far in the future, RM would be looking for better talent than, yet according to this, he made offers already.

Hell yes, I do appreciate the incoming class: the 2008 class (trying to keep things straight for you).

And YES, "*'s" do mean something, though not faultless, outcome of five 4*s will be better than five 1*'s.

I "get it". You do not.

No. You're the one who doesn't get it. Josh was to be a center next year. Spring recruiting is for next year. Reread your posts. If you imply that we lost our only chance at a center this Spring and that we will not be able to land one next year, then you are not only not clear but wrong. 2009 recruiting will take care of itself and I am not going to worry about now - monthse before the Fall signing period. Conklin is from OR and KM from WI. RM will not limit himself to the metro area. If you think RM will not sign a big (center) for 2009 and a good one at that, I'll take that bet.

Appreciate the civility.

No. You're the one who doesn't get it. Josh was to be a center next year. Spring recruiting is for next year. Reread your posts. If you imply that we lost our only chance at a center this Spring and that we will not be able to land one next year, then you are not only not clear but wrong. 2009 recruiting will take care of itself and I am not going to worry about now - monthse before the Fall signing period. Conklin is from OR and KM from WI. RM will not limit himself to the metro area. If you think RM will not sign a big (center) for 2009 and a good one at that, I'll take that bet.

Appreciate the civility.

I -responded - to - the - other - guy, - not - you, - so - cool - off.

I - commented - that - the -2009 - recruits - listed - were - below - expectations -if - it - is - true - RM - made - offfers.

1*'s, - no - bigs.

I - realize - there - is - a long - way - to - go.

So - why - give - offers - to - short - one - stars???

Still - do - not - think - you - or - the - guy - that - called - me - a - moron -get - the - point.

Will - talk - slower - if - you - want.