OT: Slaten out at KFNS per insidestl.com

I'm sorry Majerus, I didn't have the luxury of attending public school like you did. Last time I checked this was a message board not a grammar class.

The seventeen pitchers are Santana, Sabathia, Carmona, Beckett, Bedard, Oswalt, Webb, Haren, Buehrle, Kazmir, Zambrano, Halladay, Sheets, Chris Young, Jake Peavey, Felix Hernandez, Hudson.

Skip never said I was right or wrong stating my opinion. I just wish I was as much of a homer as all of you are.

Until a majority of you get over this complex of mediocrity that you have. Maybe things would change for the better.

Slufan with the obvious addmittance of your perfrection and knowledge, It's a wonder you do not have a show or a column.

When he was healthy which is what you said ....

2004, 05, and 06

Carp 51-18 with an era around 3..10 that is an average of 17-6 with a best era of 2.83 and a worst of 3.46. 549 k's against 132 bb's. 646 innings and 1 CY

Just to look at a few

Carmona .... he's had 1 year about equal to Carps 3 year average

Beckett best 3 year run 51-26 best era 3.26 worst 5.01 518 k's againt 172 bb's and 582 innings

Lets do a Cub Zambrano Last 3 48-26 High era 3.95 low 3.26 589 k's against 302 bb's in 653 innings

Oswalt we'll go with his best 3 year run 55-30 low era 2.93 high of 3.49 556 k's against 148 bb's in 698 innings

Sheets who I love but it's not even worth going over his numbers, this was just a stupid mention.

Hernandez ... only 2 good years 26-21 high era 4.52 low 3.92 341 k's against 113 bb's in 381 innings

Haren best 3 year run 43-34 high era 4.12 low 3.17 531 k's against 153 bb's in 662 innings

Hudson best 3 2000-2002 since his last 3 aren't close 53-24 high era 4.14 low 2.98 502 k's against 215 bb's in 675 innings

Webb best 3 year run 48-30 high era 3.54 low 3.01 544 k's against 181 bb's in 700 innings

Sabathia last 3 46-28 high era 4.03 low 3.21 541 k's against 143 bb's in 629 innings

Peavy best 3 year run 43-27 high era 4.09 low 2.54 671 k's against 180 bb's in 628 innings

I'm getting tired I just gave you the stats for the best 3 year runs of 11 of your 17 that were supposedly better. I'm not even going to look up Bedard, Buehrle, Kazmir, or Young they aren't close.

None of those 15 cut the mustard

Santana I'll give you but if you look it up it's not by as much as you'd think and he had an off year last year at 15-13 w/ a 3.33 era

Halladay had 2 great years in 2002 and 03. His last 3 aren't close so your statement that 17 pitchers are better than Carp when Healthy doesn't apply here.

So ... did you do any research at all or did you just speak out your ass?

Way to keep the streak of senseless posts alive.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i said every post i dont agree with most of what slaten says. so i am not defending him.

what i said is i enjoy his show. more so because he has figured out a niche and a gimmick to hook the listerners. besides his interviews, not much of what he says sticks simply because he goes over the top too far. but he has to to remain consistent in his act.

it is my understanding that for the two sports talk shows, slaten had the best numbers. and that is what always amazes me. folks always tell me they hate him and never listen, but it is amazing how many know exactly what he said the moment an issue arises. i.e. a lot more people listen to him than they admit.

so for those of you roasting me for admitting i listen and enjoy the act, sorry. but that doesnt mean i think he is right. i think it is a show. an act to rile up the naive listeners.

footes, as to slaten's private life. of course if all is true that is dispicable and i am not defending any of that.

as to the duncan incident, i heard the entire thing and it amazes me that duncan didnt think he was on the air. if that is true, then duncan apparently isnt very smart. and after he was told for sure he was on the air, he continued to banter for another 5 minutes or so. how stupid is that? if slaten gets fired for the conversation, duncan should be put in a rest home for being stupid.

i said every post i dont agree with most of what slaten says. so i am not defending him.

what i said is i enjoy his show. more so because he has figured out a niche and a gimmick to hook the listerners. besides his interviews, not much of what he says sticks simply because he goes over the top too far. but he has to to remain consistent in his act.

it is my understanding that for the two sports talk shows, slaten had the best numbers. and that is what always amazes me. folks always tell me they hate him and never listen, but it is amazing how many know exactly what he said the moment an issue arises. i.e. a lot more people listen to him than they admit.

so for those of you roasting me for admitting i listen and enjoy the act, sorry. but that doesnt mean i think he is right. i think it is a show. an act to rile up the naive listeners.

footes, as to slaten's private life. of course if all is true that is dispicable and i am not defending any of that.

as to the duncan incident, i heard the entire thing and it amazes me that duncan didnt think he was on the air. if that is true, then duncan apparently isnt very smart. and after he was told for sure he was on the air, he continued to banter for another 5 minutes or so. how stupid is that? if slaten gets fired for the conversation, duncan should be put in a rest home for being stupid.

It's not an act, it's who he is. His personal life reinforces it.

His entire show is yelling at people or listening to people kiss his ass.

roy, here's and old article from 1994.

From the Feb. 23, 1994 P-D:

Two women who had said radio personality Kevin Slaten assaulted them last weekend dropped their complaint against him Tuesday.

Police identified the women as Slaten's wife and a friend. They told authorities that they would not pursue the matter, said Rock Hill Police Chief Don McDonald. Slaten was arrested on suspicion of assault in an incident Friday night at the Trainwreck Saloon, 9243 Manchester Road.

Slaten is host to a talk show on KFNS (590 AM), an all-sports station. The station has taken him off the air, with pay, while it reviews the incident, said Bob Burch, operations manager for the station.

Slaten, 39, is on two years' probation for a felony assault conviction in September in St. Louis. The city circuit attorney's office said it would inform the court of Friday's incident to see if it warrants revoking his probation. McDonald said the women told police that Slaten had grabbed his wife by the arm and pulled her outside. The friend followed and tried to intervene, and Slaten grabbed her by the throat, McDonald said.

"Both women signed the complaint and indicated they wanted him prosecuted for assault," McDonald said. "But they changed their minds, so we don't have much of a case."

The September conviction stemmed from an incident in November 1992 in The Arena parking lot. Slaten was charged with hitting Gregg Cumberledge and Catherine Welker after Slaten and Cumberledge were involved in a car accident. Slaten opened Cumberledge's door and began punching him in the face. When Welker tried to intervene, Slaten punched her.

Circuit Judge Michael B. Calvin declined to send Slaten to prison - prosecutors asked for a five-year term - because it was his first conviction. If Slaten completes probation successfully, he will have no conviction on his record.

Circuit Attorney Dee Joyce Hayes said Monday that she was disappointed Slaten was not sent to prison in September. "He should have done some time," she said. "We felt rather strongly about the case we had down here."