Joey Parker

i know a number of folks on the board have wondered if SWIC's very good point guard, Joey Parker might be a nice fit for the billiken point guard need. it is my understanding that Joey is going to go to school at Western Carolina. his final list came down to Western, Iowa State, Wichita State, and Southern Alabama. SLU was not a factor.

i know a number of folks on the board have wondered if SWIC's very good point guard, Joey Parker might be a nice fit for the billiken point guard need. it is my understanding that Joey is going to go to school at Western Carolina. his final list came down to Western, Iowa State, Wichita State, and Southern Alabama. SLU was not a factor.

He gave them a verbal yesterday.

Western Carolina, thats interesting.

About a month ago, my son (who is a junior in HS and who is looking at colleges) went to a open house at WCU. Its close to my home in North Carolina. He also went to a SLU open house earlier in the year, where I want him to go. Part of the open house at WCU was admission to the WCU-Citadel game. Even though they beat Citadel that afternoon, they played awful. I think a good HS team could have beaten them. Anyway, we just stayed up till the 1/2 because I had to make the 2 and a 1/2 hour drive to Charlotte that night to catch the Charlotte-Bills game at 7pm. Unfortunately, not much better.

If Joey goes to WCU, he will definitely be thee star. It is a beautiful campus nestled in the mountains. BTW, I have seen So Alabama down here, they impressed me a lot.

Western Carolina, thats interesting.

About a month ago, my son (who is a junior in HS and who is looking at colleges) went to a open house at WCU. Its close to my home in North Carolina. He also went to a SLU open house earlier in the year, where I want him to go. Part of the open house at WCU house was admission to the WCU-Citadel game. Even though they beat Citadel that afternoon, they played awful. I think a good HS team could have beaten them. Anyway, we just stayed up till the 1/2 because I had to make the 2 and a 1/2 hour drive to Charlotte that night to catch the Charlotte-Bills game at 7pm. Unfortunately, not much better.

If Joey goes to WCU, he will definitely be thee star. It is a beautiful campus nestled in the mountains. BTW, I have seen So Alabama down here, they impressed me a lot.

He probably wants to follow in the footsteps of WCU grad Kevin Martin, the pride of Zanesville, Ohio. He has developed into a nice NBA shooting guard, and is the only WCU grad in history to make the NBA.

He probably wants to follow in the footsteps of WCU grad Kevin Martin, the pride of Zanesville, Ohio. He has developed into a nice NBA shooting guard, and is the only WCU grad in history to make the NBA.

Martin was the only player period out of WCU that had any kind of promise. Since 83-84 season they had only one season above .500. That season was when Martin played and I think they won the SoCon that year. Anyway, it is a long drought in the mountains.