speaking of ross

billiken_roy

i watched ross in the second half as i wanted to see his body language since it appeared he wasnt going to play. the kid is the definition of a team guy. first one off the bench at timeouts to slap hands and offer encouragement. never saw him scowl or pout while sitting. whether we like him on the court or not there is no denying he has been an asset to the team. anyone who has been to a practice knows he is like another coach on the team and a leader that helps elevate the effort of those around him. he deserves a big thank you senior night.

Ross is one of the classiest players ever to put on the Billiken blue. He's the epitome of a team player, because unlike many college athletes who resent the coach or other players for not getting more playing time, Ross is completely supportive, and is willing to make sacrifices for the team to win. Off the court, he's an outstanding student, and from all accounts, a very nice person. While it may not be basketball, there's no doubt that Ross is going to have tremendous success with whatever he chooses to do in life.

I agree. I appreciate his effort even if he isn't a factor. But, since we are talking about bench players. I sit directly behind the Billiken bench up about 5 rows. I particularly watch the bench and the reactions. In fact, I was just getting ready to post this. My eyes were on JJ last night, seeing what his reaction is to all this. Talk about enthusiasm, JJ is the first up out of his seat when a 3 is launched, when we make a good play, etc. He is always clapping, screaming, chest thumping Wendel Bennett and eveybody else around him. I don't see that nearly as much from the other bench players (aside from Ross)and deinitely not as much from a guy like DC.

I think JJ could argue about his frustration and lack of play as it realtes to ability more than anybody on this team. I think JJ is handling it very well, and I think he is a ticking time bomb, which could be dangerous. I have heard from several inside sources, his intensity at practice has gone way up. Coach has said that several times as well. When he gets in games for the short periods he does, he is hyped up and all over the place. I think he has so much energy that he is ready to expolde, but that shows and it can be a disadvantage as we saw in his two off shots against Charlotte. He was wound way tight and his shot showed. I would love to see him start a game, even if he didn't get a ton of minutes. I think that would boost his confidence. Allow him to get into the flow of the game as everybody else has to do and then see what happens.

i too have seen that from justin. i am still hoping that justin might evolve into something special. if he gets serious, with the god given athletic ability he has, i think justin johnson can be bigtime. who knows, ab? someone ought to pull out old tape of bonner as a freshman and then as a senior and show it to justin. then have bonner come by and take this kid to lunch and tell him his life story.