OT: UCLA Ending

kshoe

UCLA was down 4 with 15 seconds left. Love hits a contested 3. Cal inbounds, UCLA hacks the guy then knocks it out of bounds and th ref gives UCLA the ball. Then the UCLA guy drives baseline, gets stopped heaves it above the backboard in the falls through for the win. Absolutely unreal. March is here!

p.s. yes this was during the final 6 minutes of the Duq game but certainly its ok to flip a little right?

UCLA was down 4 with 15 seconds left. Love hits a contested 3. Cal inbounds, UCLA hacks the guy then knocks it out of bounds and th ref gives UCLA the ball. Then the UCLA guy drives baseline, gets stopped heaves it above the backboard in the falls through for the win. Absolutely unreal. March is here!

p.s. yes this was during the final 6 minutes of the Duq game but certainly its ok to flip a little right?

I watched the end of that game, then just saw the highlights again. UCLA probably did get away with one or two things there at the end on that late inbounds play. Still, the thing that was most impressive to me was the shot by Shipp there that won it for them. That thing was straight out of a game of H-O-R-S-E. It was like that shot you take standing on one leg, shooting with one hand from behind the backboard. When it happened, I squinted my eyes to try to figure out if what I had seen was actually real.

I hate UCLA. Actually more Ben Howland. One of the biggest pieces of crap on this earth outside of terrorists and things of that nature. UCLA has been handed their last two games by the refs. It is a joke and is going to get them a number one seed.

I agree and their brand of ball is brutal to watch. Watching them in the Final Four recently and their "grindball" has been almost too much to bear.

I hate UCLA. Actually more Ben Howland. One of the biggest pieces of crap on this earth outside of terrorists and things of that nature. .

could you expand on this? what has ben done?

I watched the end of that game, then just saw the highlights again. UCLA probably did get away with one or two things there at the end on that late inbounds play. Still, the thing that was most impressive to me was the shot by Shipp there that won it for them. That thing was straight out of a game of H-O-R-S-E. It was like that shot you take standing on one leg, shooting with one hand from behind the backboard. When it happened, I squinted my eyes to try to figure out if what I had seen was actually real.

That probably should have been a foul when they inbounded to Anderson but it's a tough one to call. He needs to secure the ball better to make that an easy call for the refs. As for the over-the-backboard make by Shipp, I like that it counted. It wasn't from behind the backboard completely, just on the corner. I know the rule says that if the ball passes over any point of the backboard, it shall be ruled out of bounds. The way I see it is that if the guy shoots it from inside the lane, it's nearly impossible not to have it cross the corner of the backboard, but if he's outside the key I think it should count. I think Shipp's feet were outside the paint.

The crazy part is that UCLA has won it's last two games on questionable calls, but is a lock for a #1 seed in the west, which would put them in Anaheim for the first and second rounds and Phoenix for the regional. I like them back in the Final Four this year.

Also, to all the Howland and UCLA haters- why? Howland has been a great coach there and run what appears to be a clean program. He's recruited well and gotten to the Final Four two years in a row. I don't know what I'm missing here and I don't think there's a controversy with the refs on his or UCLA's side like there is with Duke.