Am I wrong?

philliken

So last night at the game, I was sitting second row beneath the basket opposite side of the student section. I was standing and applauding like any good fan should. Well late in the game, during Kevin's heroics, I was being told to sit down and let those behind me see better. My thought was (and no I didn't say this to them) get off your ass, stand up, and cheer. Now one of the gentleman is well respected alum Bill Slattery. Obviously I was accomodating Mr. Slattery, but was I wrong to feel upset at the fact that I was told to sit down during such a pivotal point?....hell at any point I should be allowed to stand and applaud. This is part of my problem with SOME fans, not all.

So last night at the game, I was sitting second row beneath the basket opposite side of the student section. I was standing and applauding like any good fan should. Well late in the game, during Kevin's heroics, I was being told to sit down and let those behind me see better. My thought was (and no I didn't say this to them) get off your ass, stand up, and cheer. Now one of the gentleman is well respected alum Bill Slattery. Obviously I was accomodating Mr. Slattery, but was I wrong to feel upset at the fact that I was told to sit down during such a pivotal point?....hell at any point I should be allowed to stand and applaud. This is part of my problem with SOME fans, not all.

I am one of the "old" guys and I think Bill was way out of line on this one. I was standing and waving my arms trying to get he crowd going for the last 5 minutes. I thought the crowd's reaction was terrific and I think maybe your situation was not typical. Many people around me were standing--I am in the 3rd row near center court and I could see many people on the other side standing and cheering as well.

Agreed. I"ve paid for my tickets...I will cheer as I see fit. I figure as long as my cheering doesn't involve kicking anyone in the face to express my excitement, it shouldn't be a problem.

Tell Bill to buck up for tickets in the front row if he doesn't want to stand. I think we should stand til we score our first bucket and during all big moments. Phil keep standing. I have tickets about 15 rows behind you( 109 row e). I got your back.

Thanks guys. For the record Bill was by no means an ass to me. And it was his wife/family that were the ones to ask me. I know it was Bill trying to get me to sit, and he was appreciative when I did. Also, my seats are just off center court about 15 rows back, my buddy who has those tickets asked me to sit with him yesterday. I haven't had problems at my seats.

I appreciate your guys support, and I don't plan on letting my ass remain in the seat.

Come sit on the left side of the basket next time you are down there. Nobody has every told a Shoe to sit down in that section and nobody ever will.

-this is another thing that should change in the new bldg as in a hockey arena sitting behind the basket with no grade is really hard to see

-the new arena is to have a pitch on the ends so this is not a problem, i think

-normally i am told to sit down by people behind me - and i was told that last night as well