Who's Going to the Dayton Game?

Pistol

So is anyone else going to be at the Dayton game Wednesday night in good ol' UD Arena?

I got tickets through the SLU Alumni Club's Cincinnati chapter for $10 each. I saw it advertised in a little alumni booklet that got mailed out about a month ago (still to my parents' address, of course, because no one there is capable of updating an address after multiple requests). Anyway, the tickets are in the upper deck (section 4-something, they're at home right now), but I assume they put the alums in a group.

This will be the first time I'll get to see SLU play in person this year, so I'm pretty excited. I'll unfortunately be in a suit because I have to come straight from work in downtown Cincinnati.

After getting to see a couple games at UD Arena in college and the awful 46-44 loss there last year, I admit that I like their place a lot. The first level is right on the court, particularly the students on the end. The upper deck is odd becuase the arena's U-shaped ceiling prevents you from being able to see straight across at the other side of the upper deck, but it can get extremely loud in there.

How are those $10 seats? My girlfriend is going and she also bought those SLU alumni tickets, but is unsure of where she's sitting.

I also went last year and I'll say UD's Arena has got to be a tough place to play. The place really keeps the noise inside the building and unlike a certain school, the students actually show up.

How are those $10 seats? My girlfriend is going and she also bought those SLU alumni tickets, but is unsure of where she's sitting.

I also went last year and I'll say UD's Arena has got to be a tough place to play. The place really keeps the noise inside the building and unlike a certain school, the students actually show up.

The cheap seats aren't great- normally still more than $10, though. They leave a little to be desired. Like I said, you can't see straight across because the ceiling dips into a U-shape rather than having a normal dome-shape. They also could be a bit steeper so the sight lines are clearer. The lower portion of UD Arena is great, though, and the whole place gets very loud. The students are a huge factor on the north end. Their seats are about as close as you could be to the court and they come out in full force.

So no one else will be attending? Come on, it's only 5 1/2 hours from St. Louis, the second closest road trip in the A10! When we moved to the A10, so many people on this board commented that UD and XU were the easy, no-brainer road trips. And we don't even play at XU this year.

So no one else will be attending? Come on, it's only 5 1/2 hours from St. Louis, the second closest road trip in the A10! When we moved to the A10, so many people on this board commented that UD and XU were the easy, no-brainer road trips. And we don't even play at XU this year.

If it weren't in the middle of the week, I'd be going. XU and UD games should really be scheduled on the weekends. XU is on a Thursday.

If it weren't in the middle of the week, I'd be going. XU and UD games should really be scheduled on the weekends. XU is on a Thursday.

True- it seems like almost every game between SLU and Dayton or SLU and XU has been a weeknight since we joined the A10 (although I did go to one XU game in STL a couple years ago). That's why I won't be there for the XU matchup next week and am extra-frustrated that the A10 screwed us out of the home-and-home with XU.

True- it seems like almost every game between SLU and Dayton or SLU and XU has been a weeknight since we joined the A10 (although I did go to one XU game in STL a couple years ago). That's why I won't be there for the XU matchup next week and am extra-frustrated that the A10 screwed us out of the home-and-home with XU.

You could always call in sick on Friday!

So is anyone else going to be at the Dayton game Wednesday night in good ol' UD Arena?

I got tickets through the SLU Alumni Club's Cincinnati chapter for $10 each. I saw it advertised in a little alumni booklet that got mailed out about a month ago (still to my parents' address, of course, because no one there is capable of updating an address after multiple requests). Anyway, the tickets are in the upper deck (section 4-something, they're at home right now), but I assume they put the alums in a group.

This will be the first time I'll get to see SLU play in person this year, so I'm pretty excited. I'll unfortunately be in a suit because I have to come straight from work in downtown Cincinnati.

After getting to see a couple games at UD Arena in college and the awful 46-44 loss there last year, I admit that I like their place a lot. The first level is right on the court, particularly the students on the end. The upper deck is odd becuase the arena's U-shaped ceiling prevents you from being able to see straight across at the other side of the upper deck, but it can get extremely loud in there.

Just how close is Dayton to Cincinnati? I know they're not far apart, but you make it seem like a 30-minute drive or less. How does the Dayton-Cincinnati distance compare to the St. Louis-Edwardsville distance?

I made the trip to Dayton twice. It's a really nice venue and a good game day atmosphere. The band runs out onto the floor during pre-game. It's pretty cool. If you ever go there for a game, don't miss the Air Force Museum. It's the coolest museum I've ever seen. They have seven former Air Force One's on display. There are so many cool planes on display.

Just how close is Dayton to Cincinnati? I know they're not far apart, but you make it seem like a 30-minute drive or less. How does the Dayton-Cincinnati distance compare to the St. Louis-Edwardsville distance?

From downtown Cincinnati to UD Arena is like 50 minutes, but will probably take a little longer with rush hour traffic out of the city. It's more like a half hour to Edwardsville from St. Louis, so it's longer than that, even if you're coming from a little bit outside of Cincinnati. The 7:00 tip doesn't give me much time to do anything else before the game, so I have to go straight from the office.