UNC at Clemson

davidnark

ace, what is wrong with kevin's statement, "RM wouldn't have come here for Brad money"?

he wouldnt have. there are plenty of us that didnt have the insight that you apparently had to have predicted that father biondi would open the salary faucet as he did with the fantastic hiring of rickma and his all star staff. never ever would i have predicted that homerun at this time and place of the program.

roy, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that RM wouldn't have come here with a new arena and a $400K salary with low-paid assistants. I said that at least a dozen times on here. You were one of a handful of people who recognized that at the time.

There were plenty of people on here, including a couple in this thread, who said that salary didn't matter and that RM would have come here because of the new arena. If he was looking for an arena, why didn't he send a resume to Columbia, MO? No way RM was coming here without a 7-figure per year, long term deal. Also, there aren't a hell of a lot of non-football schools who give out deals like that.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that Brad made less money in his last year at SLU than Spoon did in his first year, about 15 years earlier. SLU went on the cheap with coaches and assistants and it showed in the results. Without stepping up big time in terms of salary, there would have been no big name coach. I happy Biondi changed course. Case closed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What led you to believe that a big name coach would want to come here other than us building a new facility? Big name coaches or hot coaching prospects usually go to the BCS schools which we're not a part of. Add to that our recent history and lack of winning. Add to that our Presidents reluctance to throw any money at the coaching position or athletics. Add to that a horrible TV package. Add to that our previous coach wasn't exactly a big name when we got him. I could probably go on. Don't get me wrong, I'm estatic we got RM but to act like we were some super, top program and we had big name coaches tripping over themselves to come here is just plain wrong.

Postcard, remember that ace is the troll who was banned from the Miklasz board for insulting somebody's 3-year old kid. Here's a link.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/search.php?search_author=Ace

Postcard, remember that ace is the troll who was banned from the Miklasz board for insulting somebody's 3-year old kid. Here's a link.

Footes, I remember that's why I don't take him seriously. I'd invite him down to my seats like I did Roy(who I still hope to meet up with) but I don't want some drunk coming down and making a scene in my section.

Footes, I remember that's why I don't take him seriously. I'd invite him down to my seats like I did Roy(who I still hope to meet up with) but I don't want some drunk coming down and making a scene in my section.

postcard, for various reasons i just havent had a chance. confilicts and friends visiting my seats have pretty much kept me anchored at 118 row h. i plan on getting over if for no reason that to throw a kick at skip and a waive at bonwich and the shoes who all reside in your neighborhood at scott trade.

postcard, for various reasons i just havent had a chance. confilicts and friends visiting my seats have pretty much kept me anchored at 118 row h. i plan on getting over if for no reason that to throw a kick at skip and a waive at bonwich and the shoes who all reside in your neighborhood at scott trade.

Roy, no problem. We'll make it happen one of these games. Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town this Saturday and possibly for the URI game. But Temple and UMass are coming up.

Oh no, not being taken seriously by a Mizzoutroll is just devastating. About as bad as aj and joeyfluegel not liking me. :lol:

Back to the debate. Roy has at least been consistent on this topic and I understand where he's coming from. While we have clashed about the previous coach, I think we are in general agreement about the facilities. But what some others have said is nonsense. If some folks want to whine about losing a couple thousand seats in exchange for offices/practice facility, have at it. They can be miserable. Personally, I think it's a great development for the program.

if someone would have suggested 10 years ago that we should only have 10k seats in an on campus facility i would have screamed bloody murder. of course we were in the midst of a string of top 10 national attendance years and there was no reason to believe that was all just the casual fan that wasnt tuned into the rams or just pulling our chains by showing at the billiken games for style points as spoonball was the "in" thing to do in st louis then.

since then we have seen those fake fans leave and most havent come back except for the occasional "in" event like mi$$ouri or north carolina games.

F em. they ran from us like rats. let em sit out in the cold when this program is running on a national high in about 2-3 years. second, it was inevitable and needed that the Athletic Dept do something to force the needed donations to support bigtime basketball. sure it might be fan extortion, but it is just too bad it came to that in the first place.

i know for a fact that a huge percentage of those ticket cartels are not all billiken club donors. that is just embarrassing. again, when i can climb almost 3,000 spots in priority points in 15 years with only a modest 3 figure donation each year that speaks volumes to how weak our fiscal support base is currently. now between the limited seats, and the required donation to maintain courtside seats, it is time to pay the piper or move to the ends or just move out. long overdue.

if someone would have suggested 10 years ago that we should only have 10k seats in an on campus facility i would have screamed bloody murder. of course we were in the midst of a string of top 10 national attendance years and there was no reason to believe that was all just the casual fan that wasnt tuned into the rams or just pulling our chains by showing at the billiken games for style points as spoonball was the "in" thing to do in st louis then.

since then we have seen those fake fans leave and most havent come back except for the occasional "in" event like mi$$ouri or north carolina games.

F em. they ran from us like rats. let em sit out in the cold when this program is running on a national high in about 2-3 years. second, it was inevitable and needed that the Athletic Dept do something to force the needed donations to support bigtime basketball. sure it might be fan extortion, but it is just too bad it came to that in the first place.

i know for a fact that a huge percentage of those ticket cartels are not all billiken club donors. that is just embarrassing. again, when i can climb almost 3,000 spots in priority points in 15 years with only a modest 3 figure donation each year that speaks volumes to how weak our fiscal support base is currently. now between the limited seats, and the required donation to maintain courtside seats, it is time to pay the piper or move to the ends or just move out. long overdue.

roy, as a fellow SLU fan who has been to most games since the early '80s, I get where you're coming from. There were certainly a lot of bandwagon types in those days...as with any sports team that is "in" at the time. I just wouldn't cut off my noe to spite my face. I get the need to create a buzz around tickets, but the Bills aren't exactly the Green Bay packers just yet. As a person with tickets, in some ways I'm not too concerned about people who aren't coming to the games right now. However, as the program looks to grow over the next few years (along with the success I anticpate) SLU will look for ways to bring in more money. When that time comes, they'll really put the squeeze to guys like us who suffered through years of mediocrity. For example, your modest 3-figure donation won't cut it before too long. I know there is a price to pay for success, and maybe I just need to let the program grow up to the big time and roll with it. My point is that a couple of thousand extra seats might help us all out when that time comes. Plus, I think a good way to keep fresh blood in the fan base is to give people the opportunity to get into games. I don't think your average person will buy season tickets from scratch. They may go to a game or two and then get the bug.

Anyway, if the team is good I won't have too much problem finding the money.

BTW, it looks like you'll need a crowbar to remove ace's lips from your rear end. What an ace-kisser he is ;o).

(apology to the board in advance for replying to this)

It's really funny when a troll who was banned from the Miklasz board starts questioning credibility.

It says a lot that you have to take something from postcard's failed playbook from a couple of months ago. Sorry, that's not me. Are you losers exchanging notes? Or maybe you discuss this during pillow talk. Snuggling up with postcard is doing wonders for your credibility problem.

It says a lot that you have to take something from postcard's failed playbook from a couple of months ago. Sorry, that's not me. Are you losers exchanging notes? Or maybe you discuss this during pillow talk. Snuggling up with postcard is doing wonders for your credibility problem.

Let's see...there's a guy on another St. Louis-based message board with the same lame ID and behaving he same way as you do on here. Geez, is it really a stretch? Why do you go back to the men's room at the truck stop? Also, why don't you remove your lips from roy's rear end, ace kisser?