OT: Bobby Hill transfers from ISU

brianstl

One of V's favorites tranfers to Lincoln College. It is suppose to be one year and back IL State. No one should be suprised that another Vashon grad under Floyd couldn't cut it grade wise.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1Y1-111650832.html

I guess you missed this part of the article.

"Hill played his freshman season with the Redbirds last season, starting eight of the last nine games. Academically, Hill was eligible to play this season for ISU.

But to strengthen his academic record for the future, Hill decided to transfer to Lincoln College for a year.

"Bobby is doing a good job in his classes," said Lincoln College coach B.J. McCullum. "The only class he missed was when he took his official visit to Illinois State. He may be the only student on campus who hadn't missed a class."

I guess you missed this part of the article.

"Hill played his freshman season with the Redbirds last season, starting eight of the last nine games. Academically, Hill was eligible to play this season for ISU.

But to strengthen his academic record for the future, Hill decided to transfer to Lincoln College for a year.

"Bobby is doing a good job in his classes," said Lincoln College coach B.J. McCullum. "The only class he missed was when he took his official visit to Illinois State. He may be the only student on campus who hadn't missed a class."

If you read between the lines, he was going to have trouble staying eligible this season. You don't just transfer out for the hell of it, especially when you plan on going back to the same school. You don't transfer to Lincoln College because they have the electives you are looking for.

You said he couldnt cut it. He was eligible though. He's also going back, so what is it that he can't cut that he will have trouble cutting when gets back?

He wasn't going to be able to stay at ISU and stay eligible. That is not being able to cut it. We will see if he ever steps back on the court for ISU.

He wasn't going to be able to stay at ISU and stay eligible. That is not being able to cut it. We will see if he ever steps back on the court for ISU.

You are just assuming, but what do you really know? The article said he was doing well in class, it said he was eligible to play this year. The article said that the staff of ISU is visiting him once a week. The article says he will resign on Nov. 14th, which is next Wednesday. You are going against the article that you linked.

You are just assuming, but what do you really know? The article said he was doing well in class, it said he was eligible to play this year. The article said that the staff of ISU is visiting him once a week. The article says he will resign on Nov. 14th, which is next Wednesday. You are going against the article that you linked.

The article said he was eligible to play this semester at ISU. It made no mention if he was going to be eligible next semester at ISU.

It said he was doing well in classes at Lincoln College since transferring. It made no mention of how he was doing in classes at ISU prior to transferring to Lincoln College.

The article said he was eligible to play this semester at ISU. It made no mention if he was going to be eligible next semester at ISU.

It said he was doing well in classes at Lincoln College since transferring. It made no mention of how he was doing in classes at ISU prior to transferring to Lincoln College.

Well, he was doing well enough to be eligible this semester and his eligiblity for next semester would depend on how well he did this semester. You said he couldn't cut it like he wasnt eligible and had to transfer. He was eligible to play this semester. He didnt flunk out.

Guest BillikenReport

Well, he was doing well enough to be eligible this semester and his eligiblity for next semester would depend on how well he did this semester. You said he couldn't cut it like he wasnt eligible and had to transfer. He was eligible to play this semester. He didnt flunk out.

Why does a kid transfer to a JUCO in the summer only to re-sign with the same school a couple months later?

Why didn't he just redshirt that year if he still wanted to be at that school?

Even if this is an issue of grades, it doesn't make any sense.

Well it looks like Bobby Hill and the ISU coaching staff decided Bobby Hill would not be able to cut it this year at ISU.

Is there any problem with wishing this young man the best in his efforts to correct whatever problems he may have? He represents St. Louis. Say what you may about Floyd, but you just missed your opportunity to show that you have any more concern about the well being of a young man like Bobby than you claim Floyd did. If he's been in college this long, how is Floyd to blame? Will he get the credit for Bobby's perseverance as well? When Bobby returns, make sure you f/u your comments with credit to Floyd for the kid not giving up on his education.

Is there any problem with wishing this young man the best in his efforts to correct whatever problems he may have? He represents St. Louis. Say what you may about Floyd, but you just missed your opportunity to show that you have any more concern about the well being of a young man like Bobby than you claim Floyd did. If he's been in college this long, how is Floyd to blame? Will he get the credit for Bobby's perseverance as well? When Bobby returns, make sure you f/u your comments with credit to Floyd for the kid not giving up on his education.

i guess you could visit the lincoln or isu boards and congratulate their players all you want.

now explain again how floyd gets credit for the kid struggling with his grades? imo, had floyd laid down the law when this young man was about 14 and drilled academics first into his head he might not be blowing a semester at a different school now. and if you try to claim floyd indeed did so, the track record of floyd athletes past high school doesnt allow you to presume that. far more academic failure than success.

Glad to have you aboard Floyd or is this V. I never wished the kid bad and it is not my job to prop up every kid from St Louis. He doesn't represent St. Louis anymore than I do. He represents Bobby Hill. That said, I wish the kid nothing but the best.

Who get the credit for getting the kid into college? If not Floyd, then why should he be at fault for anything after the kid gets there? Also, how much power are you saying this man had? These weren't his kids. What about the parents? In any event, it seems to me that it should be a good thing that what ever issue was found, the school and the athlete are willing to get it resolved and get this kid a degree. We can argue about a lot of issues including Floyd but your mentality is obviously skewed if you take delight in a St. Louis kid's academic struggles. Here's a kid trying to do it the right way and folks take shots at him because their po'd at Floyd. Way to go St. Louis hoop fans.

Who get the credit for getting the kid into college? If not Floyd, when why should he be at fault for anything after the kid gets there? Also, how much power are you saying this man had? These weren't his kids. What about the parents? In any event, it seems to me that it should be a good thing that what ever issue was found, the school and the athlete are willing to get it resolved and get this kid a degree. We can argue about a lot of issues including Floyd but your mentality is obviously skewed if you take delight in a St. Louis kid's academic struggles. Here's a kid trying to do it the right way and folks take shots at him because their po'd at Floyd. Way to go St. Louis hoop fans.

I am not taking shots at the kid. I am not taking delight in this kid's struggles. I don't go after kids just because they played for Floyd. Anthony Bonner is my favorite Billiken of all time and I am Polk's biggest backer on this board.

The thing is that it has been norm for to many kids that played under Floyd. Floyd was in the position where he could have made a difference for these kids. He decided winning basketball games was the only thing that mattered.

We can argue about a lot of issues including Floyd but your mentality is obviously skewed if you take delight in a St. Louis kid's academic struggles.

Is our jubilance over this kid's failure so transparent? we'll have to be sneakier with our insidious desire to see kids fail. Way to go Brian, way to let the cat out of the bag. You just couldn't keep it quiet could you?

Way to go St. Louis hoop fans.

Hang Time....this isn't a site for St. Louis Hoops fans. This is a site for Saint Louis University Billiken fans. Me and probably half the board, could give a $hit less about STL high school hoops. I only care if they consider the Billikens. I visit v-time's site a few times a week, but I only read SLU related articles. I would guess that the only reason Brian posted this link is because of V's year long campaign to offer the guy a scholarship.

Who get the credit for getting the kid into college? If not Floyd, then why should he be at fault for anything after the kid gets there? Also, how much power are you saying this man had? These weren't his kids. What about the parents? In any event, it seems to me that it should be a good thing that what ever issue was found, the school and the athlete are willing to get it resolved and get this kid a degree. We can argue about a lot of issues including Floyd but your mentality is obviously skewed if you take delight in a St. Louis kid's academic struggles. Here's a kid trying to do it the right way and folks take shots at him because their po'd at Floyd. Way to go St. Louis hoop fans.

of course the parents are responsible. however the fact that so many parents agreed to let floyd put their sons in the wrong school district for basketball only purposes when vashon had the absolute worst academics in the st louis area ought to tell you all you need to know about the priorities of the parents concerned.

the coach needs to also do the right thing and preach nothing but academics first. the fact that the percentages of vashon basketball players that failed at the next level academically far exceeds the few that have made it is all one needs to know about floyd's devotion to seeing his players succeed at academics.

i dont know who is taking delight in hill's problems. you obviously are reading something into the comments in this thread.

last we are saint louis university fans. no one ever claimed this was a st louis hoops board. take that somewhere else if you want to hear all the praises of st louis high school ball.

Regardless of your reasoning, you brought up a kid that has no relationship to SLU. Also, I didn't know that being a SLU fan gave one a license to be an ignoramous. Thank you all for the enlightenment. And to my friend moytoy12, I hear that sarcasm is oft used in the absence of knowledge to contribute in a conversation. Therefore, I too choose sarcasm because I have nothing left to say about this subject.

i guess you could visit the lincoln or isu boards and congratulate their players all you want.

now explain again how floyd gets credit for the kid struggling with his grades? imo, had floyd laid down the law when this young man was about 14 and drilled academics first into his head he might not be blowing a semester at a different school now. and if you try to claim floyd indeed did so, the track record of floyd athletes past high school doesnt allow you to presume that. far more academic failure than success.

There have many failures, but he also had 9 guys go D1 off of 1 team in the 1980's so he's had some success, as of late there have been some struggles though, but in his last 2 years, he did have 3 guys sign D1. J. Hill, B. Hill, and J. Washington. I just dont think the author of the article would waste his time trying to shine a bright light on a bad situation. Everyone involved seems to be okay with the situation. If he's not playing D1 basketball next year, then come say I told you so.