Kelvin "Mr. Ethics Chairman" Sampson at it again

davidlee

makes me wonder about a couple of things....does this happen everywhere or is Sampson ignorant of the rules or just doesn't care about following them?

part of me hope he leads IU to the death penalty for hoops, as they knew what they were hiring, but some could say the same about Rick

Hmm, I wonder how many of these illegal calls were instrumental in landing guys like Matt Roth or Lance Stemler. Makes you think...

Here is a good article on what actually went on. I find it funny that he was busted by an intern.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...1069/SPORTS0601

Was he prohibited from calling recruits or prohibited from engaging in 3 way calls or both. If he was only prohibited from calling recruits then he dreamed the 3 way scenario up as a means tp talk to the recruits without technically violating the no call sanction. If he was prohibited from participating in 3 way calls with recruits or having any telphone contact with recruits then he obviously blatantly violated the sanctions. No way this was accidental as he claims. If it were it would have only happened once, not 10 times. He just showed the NCAA he has no respect for their rules or sanctions. I think they've got to come down on him big time to as a deterrent to others who get sanctioned. Indiana may need to cut their losses and can him now. Even that may not stave off the coming storm.

Was he prohibited from calling recruits or prohibited from engaging in 3 way calls or both. If he was only prohibited from calling recruits then he dreamed the 3 way scenario up as a means tp talk to the recruits without technically violating the no call sanction. If he was prohibited from participating in 3 way calls with recruits or having any telphone contact with recruits then he obviously blatantly violated the sanctions. No way this was accidental as he claims. If it were it would have only happened once, not 10 times. He just showed the NCAA he has no respect for their rules or sanctions. I think they've got to come down on him big time to as a deterrent to others who get sanctioned. Indiana may need to cut their losses and can him now. Even that may not stave off the coming storm.

He made over 400 illegal calls at Oklahoma so you would figure he would know the rules and play it safe. I think hes telling the NCAA to take the rules and shove it. I agree the NCAA should come down on him very hard. Why anyone would send their kid to play for this guy and teach them how to be a man is beyond me. Slimbag written all over him.