Oh no, they are coming as a group

brianstl

I have read those comments in the Kuric thread and still never felt the need to post on your board about it. I feel confident enough in SLU and Majerus not to go complaining about how somebody else sees us on that school's board.

But somehow you think it's justified to rip on a town with the same old played out theme you have used over and over again as long as it's on your own message board???

Give it a rest. It's safe to assume your SLU brethren are also in agreement.

As far as the game goes. I definately dont have a good feeling about it. SLU always plays us tough, especially at Savvis. It all depends on how SIU's backcourt can handle SLU's skilled perimeter players. I think the frontcourt edge is with SIU.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you missed this part of the first post in the thread:

"Groups have to be 20 or more and lower level seats are $12, upper $6. It was just a thought, I dont know how many would want to do this or not. It would give a chance to reserve seats in advance of regular ticket sales and $12 for a lower bowl seat seemed pretty reasonable."

Maybe I was giving them to much credit to realize they would save a few bucks by buying group tickets. I just took the above to mean this guy figured it out.

Hey brian, thanks for the pub...but I was actually thinking more along the lines of reserving seats before they would go on sale to the general public. The discount is just an added bouns.

Posted Image

But somehow you think it's justified to rip on a town with the same old played out theme you have used over and over again as long as it's on your own message board???

Give it a rest. It's safe to assume your SLU brethren are also in agreement.

As far as the game goes. I definately dont have a good feeling about it. SLU always plays us tough, especially at Savvis. It all depends on how SIU's backcourt can handle SLU's skilled perimeter players. I think the frontcourt edge is with SIU.

So its ok to for you guys to rip on Majerus non-stop becuase of his wieght, but god forbid someone rips on Cdale area for being a bunch of hicks. Grow up. We all know that that is not the truth. It just happens to be the case for your family. Get a spine and quit whining every time somebody takes a jab at your program or its fan base. It happens all the time in sports and the jabs between fan bases is part of the fun of being a fan.

So its ok to for you guys to rip on Majerus non-stop becuase of his wieght, but god forbid someone rips on Cdale area for being a bunch of hicks. Grow up. We all know that that is not the truth. It just happens to be the case for your family. Get a spine and quit whining every time somebody takes a jab at your program or its fan base. It happens all the time in sports and the jabs between fan bases is part of the fun of being a fan.

Coming from a guy who lives in jeffco

That means he knows what he's talking about. A comedian isn't typically funny unless he has some identification with his subject matter.

SLU should probably make the SIUC game Jeffco night too. Instead of guessing the attendance we could try to guess the total number of teeth in the house that night.

Saluki Guys. Break the game down for us. Why will SIU win? Discuss the matchups.

Since I can't really say where everyone on SLU's roster will play, I won't break down any individual match ups yet.

Guards

SIU=Mullins, Clemmons, Bone, Green

SLU=Lisch, Lidell, Brown, Polk, Eckerle, Maguire

Part of me wants to give SLU a slight edge here because SIU doesn't know what most of their guards can do because Tatum and Young had all the minutes and SLU has the experience of Lisch and Liddell. Lisch and Mullins are very similar. Clemmons has potential but Liddell is the better player. This is a really close match up.

Inside

SIU=Falker, Shaw, Boyle, Fay, Cornelius, Armstron, Evans

SLU=Mitchell, Eberhardt, Relphorde, Meyer, Knollmeyer

Huge edge to SIU here. SIU's top 4 would all start over anyone on SLU's roster.

SLU will be at home this year so that takes away a little of SIU's edge but SIU has local players who will get up for a game in STL. SIU wins this year by 7, 66-59.

*By no means should anything typed here be taken as fact. It is all posted by an internet nerd who doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Quite funny isn't it??? Almost as funny some people on this board trying to portray C'dale as Redneck USA. I guess that is all SLU fans can rag on SIU about....since the Saluki's program is running circles around SLU's.

Well, no. There was something else that I ragged on SIU about. But I guess it flew over your head, which isn't surprising, since it seems to have flown over your Board of Trustees' heads as well. (I used to think Ed Hightower had impeccable ethical standards, too.)

Well, no. There was something else that I ragged on SIU about. But I guess it flew over your head, which isn't surprising, since it seems to have flown over your Board of Trustees' heads as well. (I used to think Ed Hightower had impeccable ethical standards, too.)

It will not even be a footnote in their history.

I guess you missed this part of the first post in the thread:

"Groups have to be 20 or more and lower level seats are $12, upper $6. It was just a thought, I dont know how many would want to do this or not. It would give a chance to reserve seats in advance of regular ticket sales and $12 for a lower bowl seat seemed pretty reasonable."

Maybe I was giving them to much credit to realize they would save a few bucks by buying group tickets. I just took the above to mean this guy figured it out.

to-used as a function word to indicate direction toward

too- also, besides

You may want to consider just using the numeral 2, generically, if you are not smart enough to sort out the above. An example would be: Them Carbondale hicks have 2 much confidence in their team, we are gonna show 'em when they come 2 the big city!

Might simplify your life.

too- also, besides

You may want to consider just using the numeral 2, generically, if you are not smart enough to sort out the above. An example would be: Them Carbondale hicks have 2 much confidence in their team, we are gonna show 'em when they come 2 the big city!

Wow, I made a stupid mistake when typing out a quick message that I didn't bother proof reading. I can't believe I let that happen on a message board. I am glad you caught that. The world definitely needs more people like you.

I would like to congratulate you and the whole SIU basketball program for going a whole year now without having anyone arrested or pleading guilty in a federal fraud investigation. Everything would be perfect if you could just clear up the Poshard issue or if the city of Carbondale wasn't broke from their involvement in the Saluki Way program. I guess academic integrity and a city being able to perform basic duties are not that important.

too- also, besides

You guys talk 2 much.

Posted Image

Folks in Carbondale could better spend their time on the innerwebs getting an early start on Christmas shopping for 12 gauge shotguns and Britney Spears VHS tapes so "Santa" doesn't look like a dimeless schmuck when he rolls around in 3 months...

I got to admit this would be pretty funny if they could pull it off:

"One thing to note, the Alumni Assoc. is doing a pre-game reception too, I would assume at 14th and Clark. I dont know if this includes tickets or the option to buy but if we can somehow get our group together before they do we might get better seat selection. If Go Southern Go doesn't want to take control, I can contact the group sales department about it.

One thing he didn't note is there is a reward for posting a $120 deposit before October 12th. So what do you guys want to do, play basketball on the court or........... have the SalukiTalk Men's Choir sing the National Anthem!!!!!!"

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stlo/s...o_pdf/EBMBB.pdf

http://salukitalk.net/st/viewtopic.php?p=300136#300136

Angered? I suppose I seemed reprehensibly livid in my last post? Right...

And wasn't this you going off to cry because you can't handle conflict?

You're a troll and obviously don't care about Billiken basketball.

That is why I had season tickets last year. I love all college basketball. Besides all the bills games I went to last year, I also went to 4 Valley tourney games 3 ncaa tourney games and a tiger game. I also spent 4 days in vegas watching the first 2 rounds of the tourney. You nly wish you saw as much college basketball as I do.