Brian Conklin

Guest BillikenReport

Guest BillikenReport

I talked to Brian Conklin today.

He said he did receive a scholarship offer from SLU last week.

He had a lot of good things to say about Majerus.

There's a premium story on my site.

- Nate

nate are there ever going to be more free articles, just wondering

offers

brian conklin

jesse perry

matt roth

scott suggs

posiible offers

armond battle

i am going to be a little worried if we dont land suggs because while it would be a great class, there would be no real dynamic scorers. I don't know if perry could be a great scorer or not. if we get Conklin I dont think we land suggs or perry. I think the same if we get Roth. Right now I dont't think it looks good for Suggs or Perry which stinks since they are my top two choices

Well considering that you have no input in who Rick wants - if he lands two of any of them we should be satisfied. Roth and John are scorers. I would like Suggs and he may end up committing - don't give up hope. Perry's grades continue to be a concern regarding his ability to qualify or not out of h.s. so he may have taken himself out of the mix.

I didnt claim to have any inside info I only said what I think is going to happen. I just said my gut feeling which is that if we get either roth or conklin we are not getting suggs and probaly not perry. do I wish we got perry and suggs? yeah and if we do I think in a couple of years the bills are going to make the NCAA tourney most years

If we got Conklin along with Thompson and Reed, We would have more interior scoring than we've had in a long while. I get the feeling Marcus R will be a scorer as will Femi and Mitchell should be able to score. Lets say we add Conklin ... After Tommie and Kevin graduate we will have

Bigs

BT, WR, Conklin, and AK. All with at least a year under their belt.

Guards

MR, AM, DM, KM, FJ, and PE.

I don't think we will have a problem finding offense with or without Scott. If these players play as we think they can, this will be as talented a roster as I can remember. Add new recruits at the same or better talent level and we will have plenty of depth with talent coming off the bench.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I think a key will be marcus R, because if he can really score then i can see a possible 09-10 starting lineup as BT,WR,MR,FJ,KM of course that depends on who we get in the recruiting class the year before

The thing is we normally know who our starters will be as it is usually pretty obvious. I think with the improved level of recruits RM has been and should continue to bring in starting positions may be hard to come by. For example if you would have watched the heart and work ethic of AM in the all star game, you wouldn't count him out as a starter at some period. Could AK start at the 4 instead of WR. Add new recruits of at least the same caliber and going 8-9 deep with talent won't be a pipe dream.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I could not agree more. In the future, every player on this team will have a chance to be a starter depending on effort, chemistry and hard work in practice and in games. With a new staff all bets will be off. Obviously, next year and the year after Kevin and Tommie will be starters but other than those two I think it will be wide open. The terrible thing about that from my personal point of view is that I love to go to a practice or two early in the season and watch the battles for playing time and this year it will be as intense as it has been in many years but because the practices are closed we will just have to wait until the exhibition games or a blue-white game if they have one. To say that I am excited is an understatement. I would absolutely love to get Suggs and I think we have now gathered a group that would be perfect to maximize his talent but if we can't convince him to stay home then I trust the judgment of RM to bring in a talented player who will help us. Go Bills.