6 months later

VTIME

http://www.billikens.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/9990.html

Does anyone think Majerus has gotten started on his 2009. Outside of Griffey, I'm not really sure. How would I go about getting the message to him about Richard Anderson of Beaumont. Definite high major prospect already with a college body at 6'8 225. Already a very good rebounds at 11 per game. He double his scoring average with increased touches. Will probably lead the PHL in scoring next season. He loves contact, but can step out and make a 3 althought that is not the strength of his game. He can score facing the basket, but his strength is in the post where he has good moves, uses his body well and understands how to seal his man.

Actually I was hoping you could. What can you do about getting Anderson on scout Nate. You know he's good enough. If he plays up to his potential in July there is no way he can be left off the top 150 in the scout and rivals post July evaluation rankings. He's the top returning center in the area, any class.

I dont know if he's had time to really get to 2009. i know how hectic his schedule is, and he's been doing so much work with speaking engagements and visits for 2008 and giving Eckerle the scholarship. And he met with the Eagles and Gateway coaches, but Anderson doesnt play for either of those teams. His team was affiliated with the Eagles last year, but not this year. I will email thorpe.

Guest BillikenReport

I am working on getting profiles/stories/updates on St. Louis area players on Scout.com.

If Anderson is good enough, he'll get recruited by SLU.

Same with Bryant Allen, Gavin Wiss, etc.

- Nate

Nate, would it serve him well to do like Thompson did and invite a bunch of coaches to come see him workout. Nate, in your opinion is he good enough? You've said he was very good in the past, but are you reluctant now because of your position?

Guest BillikenReport

>Nate, would it serve him well to do like Thompson did and

>invite a bunch of coaches to come see him workout. Nate, in

>your opinion is he good enough? You've said he was very

>good in the past, but are you reluctant now because of your

>position?

You want Richard Anderson to hold a workout for college coaches?

He's only going into his junior year of high school and has schools recruiting him. He would be better served by not throwing a fit and getting sent to the locker room in the fourth quarter of his team's game against Vashon with a Mizzou assistant coach in the stands.

Anderson is definitely a D-1 player somewhere, though I don't know if its at Southern Illinois or Illinois State or Saint Louis U. or Missouri or Illinois.

If he grows a couple inches, he could be a big-time prospect. If he stays around 6-7/6-8, he could be a good player in the Missouri Valley Conference.

He needs to keep his emotions in check and mature.

- Nate

Yeah, I talked to his AAU coaches, and they are trying to address that. The problem is that he's an emotional player and its hard to turn it off sometimes. I wasnt thinking he should hold a workout now, but sometime in the future, maybe next spring. In the game against Vashon, I think he just wanted the ball against Powell and wasnt getting it. He was having a good game too, he'll learn, he's only a sophomore heading into his junior year like you said. I'd rather have a kid thats nasty out there, than a kid who is soft and passive. I've seen enough soft big guys to last me a lifetime. His emotions are probably the weakest part of his game and I think he can be high-major even if he stops growing. He can score, shoot, rebound, and pass. Oh yeah, next time we are at the same game call me on the cell so we can have a meeting of the minds.

Isnt the team camp coming up soon for this year? If it is, that means Anderson has come once, last year and if you are able to see it, you will see a much different player than you saw last year. He is bigger, stronger, and more confident.

It's one of the greatest challenges in sports. To play with emotion but remain composed. To excel at his craft, he will definitely need to improve in this area. However, for those of us who have followed the team, we have watched him make great strides. A number of D-1 coaches outside of the area have taken interest in this kid and other team members. If St. Louis area schools miss the boat, then, so be it. To be certain, Anderson and Clark have been on campus and played with the guys. Carbondale and Missouri have also touched bases with these kids. Clark, Anderson, Webb and Wallace have been informed that there is interest from a number of SEC schools and a couple ACC. June 15th is the date gentlemen. Be patient.

HT

What did you think of the 6'10 Clark. Do you like his progress. Do you think he will be more assertive next year and try to dominate? I really like Wallace's game. He's behind Bryant Allen in my opinion amongst 09 guards, and that gap is pretty substantial, but he's very good in his own right. Webb hasnt really impressed me, but I will give him time, he's only a sophomore and maybe will get to play more for McCluer and I havent really seen him play AAU, so he could be tearing it up, but I havent read anything about him, even on their team's website.

Clark has gotten better and he will have to be assertive this year. He's still pretty raw though. Bryant Allen is legit. Don't think cause he plays for a small school he not legit. We should be all over him. SIU, MSU have already offered. Everytime I watched him this year there was an SIU coach in the stands.

>but, first he has to get a subscription to nate's webpage...

If you are referring to me, I have one. And as far as CA Alum, I agree. Bryant Allen is the real deal. They'll probably get on him really soon. Big-time scoring guard, good shooter, very athletic, doesnt really have a weakness. High-major prospect. Probably could go D1 in football or track as well.

Clark is improving. He has a great body, but needs to improve his quickness and aggressiveness. Surprised by his midrange game. Soft touch around the basket. Good hands. With a little work, will be okay defending away from the basket. Back to the basket skills, rebounding and defense need improvement. A good strength training program, conditioning and slimmer body are also areas for improvement.

Will Webb is a 6'4", athletic, raw, thin and moderately aggressive player. Could be a sleeper.

Wallace is a man child. It doesn't do Wallace or Allen a service to compare the two. If they played in a game together, they would likely be equally productive on the offensive end. However, Wallace will get his points from baseline to midrange. Has an improving jump shot, but man can he finish and what a first step. Ball handling could improve but is not bad at all. Great court vision and you cannot teach the heart and tenacity that this kid has for scoring. He's automatic for 20pts+ per game. An added bonus is his defensive skills.

HELP! Who are Clark, Wallace, Webb & Allen? Where do they go to school? What year are they? What positions do they play?

Nark, with the help of VTIME and a couple of other posters who seem to follow the local high school BB scene pretty closely, could you get some of this info on your blog?

Thanks in advance for any info.

>HELP! Who are Clark, Wallace, Webb & Allen? Where do they

>go to school? What year are they? What positions do they

>play?

>

>Nark, with the help of VTIME and a couple of other posters

>who seem to follow the local high school BB scene pretty

>closely, could you get some of this info on your blog?

>

>Thanks in advance for any info.

They are all class of 2009 from the Saint Louis Elite AAU team

You can find their stats via prepsports.stltoday.com

Clark is a 6'10 PF/C from Rockwood Summit

Doug Wallace is a 6'1 combo guard from Berkeley

Will Webb is a 6'4 SF from McCluer

Richard Anderson is a 6'8 225 PF/C from Beaumont.

WOW Bryant Allen is a High Major recruit in your eyes Vtime. you gotta be kidding me. Also Will Webb did not even play last season at McCluer. Have you ever seen him play. He is far from what you are making him out to be. Allen is a low to mid major player, not a high major recruit. So basically your saying that he can play at any school in america. Their are only 2 high major prospects in 2009 Griffey and Anderson.

Guest BillikenReport

>WOW Bryant Allen is a High Major recruit in your eyes Vtime.

>you gotta be kidding me. Also Will Webb did not even play

>last season at McCluer. Have you ever seen him play. He is

>far from what you are making him out to be. Allen is a low

>to mid major player, not a high major recruit. So basically

>your saying that he can play at any school in america. Their

>are only 2 high major prospects in 2009 Griffey and

>Anderson.

Bryant Allen is a mid-major recruit right now with the potential to be a nice college player.

I disagree on Richard Anderson being a high-major prospect. He has a chance, but he has to stop acting like a knucklehead and realize he can dominant a high school game on both ends of the floor without losing control of his emotions.

- Nate

Sounds personnel with you and this kid. You post a negative comment behind every positive one about Anderson. No doubt he's a high major talent he dominated both ends versus all the top 08 forwards. Lost his cool in one game and you keep that over his head. What's your real motive? Aside from that game, name a big gamethat he didn't do his thing on both ends. Check the stats. That game proves that he needs to keep his focus, but the kid is big time and you have a hidden agenda.

HT