Wish Biondi would have thrown out the $$$ two years ago

Class of 2005 got some Afro-American prof. from Duke that said "I know Fr. Biondi isn't going to be happy with me, but I'm going to keep my remarks brief." Typical.

Class of 2007 gets a guy you might have to use a crane to remove from the podium:

http://tigernet.princeton.edu/~class58/50t...%5Cber0-011.jpg

I just hope we hear this about the new Chaifetz Arena:

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded!"

-Yogi Berra

I'll be there in Section 8 with my Yankees #8 Berra shirt and Yankees cap doing a roll-call "Yo-gi Ber-ra (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)!!!"

GO YANKEES!

That'd be cool to see, unfortunately I am scheduled to work then.

Last year we had a guy who had great success working on Wall Street, getting promoted to a high ranking position at a young age, but more recently had written a book on the Jesuit order, comparing them to a 450 year-old corporation. While I don't remember specifically what he said, I remember his address being interesting, but Yogi Berra is solid gold.

ST. LOUIS, MO. | May 9, 2007 -- Archbishop Raymond Burke today informed St. Louis University president the Rev. Lawrence Biondi, S.J. that the University must cancel the planned commencement appearance of Yogi Berra due to the potential of "scandal" stemming from his appearance.

"While Holy Mother Church embraces the role of ecumenism, it is clearly inappropriate for a cleric from a faith that does not recognize the divinity of Jesus Christ, nor the existence of the Holy Trinity, to give the commencement address at a Catholic, Jesuit university," Burke said. "I realize that St. Louis University has recently denied its Catholicism in court, but after all, that was merely giving unto Caesar what it Caesar's."

Burke went on to praise the peaceful nature and tenets of Hinduism, he noted Pope John Paul II's clear desire for more converts from Hinduism to Catholicism, as illustrated during the Pope's 1999 visit to India.

"Our Catholic universities should be bulwarks of the faith," Burke remarked. "We respect the plurality and sincerity of soul represented by imams, rabbis, dalais, yogis and holy men of other faiths, but we do not believe a Catholic university should provide them platforms for questioning or contradicting the teachings of the church."