2007-2008 Starting lineup

VTIME

RM mentioned today at the Press Conference that he plays an up-tempo style offense and a man-to-man defense. Using this style of play I think we can expect to see RM utilize our talent more effectively. In a fast paced game, DP's quickness and ability to push the offense on fast breaks will be utilized. Also, in a pressure man-to-man we have seen DP succeed countless times in the past (ie last year against Ahearn). I believe that RM will encourage TL to use his slashing ability to take over games. Last year he seemed to be too selfless with the ball at times. Also, RM has mentioned that he prioritizes an inside presence on the defensive end. BH offers this with his ability to block shots.In this up-tempo style I also think we can expect our bench to be more effectively utilized. Guys like AM and MR can have an immediate impact with their athleticism.

Whatever his decisions may be, I trust RM and look forward to watching this team next year. It will be an exciting brand of ball that this program hasn't seen in years.

Although I left this out, I could see Maguire and Luke as the starting forwards with TL and KL in the backcourt. I'm not sure how BH fits in a running style. If AK can block shots, is BH still the better alternative? Being a senior probably helps his case though.

V, I will be shocked if LM is starting next year. He is not the kind of player RM likes at the 3 or the 4. One of these two will be the most likely starting line-up as the roster stands now: DP, KL, TL, AK (or a Juco), and BH or KL, TL, MR, AK (or a Juco) and BH. BH will be starting, there is no doubt with RM coaching.

Double figure scorers who will be seniors dont get sent to the bench for incoming freshman who were not recruited by that coach. Just doesnt happen. Luke actually has a quickness advantage against most opposing pf's and can create mismatches with his ability to step outside. He also rebounded well. I cant see him going to the bench. He's the ultimate hustle guy as well. I cant see him going to the bench. I just cant see it.

Rick won't start him at the four if he can't gaurd the opposing four. He has never been able to do that. He won't start at the three if he has a worst three point shooting percentage than Polk had last year (which he did). RM wont feel if he owes these kids anything. He will start the newcomer if he thinks it is the best thing for his team. He did it at Ball State and he did it at Utah.

Although LM was an integral part to our success last season, I find it hard to rationalize him playing the 4 under RM's system. If it in fact comes down to LM and MR, I believe that MR gives us a better opportunity to compete at the 4 spot. MR is listed two inches taller, 10 pounds heavier, and from what I gather, he is a very athletic player greatly overshadowed by the abundant D-1 talent on his current team. I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy have an immediate impact and be a star at SLU when his career is said and done.

I hope he does have the ability to come right in and start. Heavier than Luke, are you sure? He's pretty solidly built. If Relphorde is that good, you dont think there is a possibility that both he and Luke start with KL and TL in the backcourt.

MR is listed at 6'7" 210 lbs, while LM is listed at 6'5" 200 lbs. You make an interesting point considering all four may start. Because of RM's up-tempo style, it wouldn't suprise me if the starting lineup changed on a game to game basis depending on match-ups. I think more players will see significant playing time with RM's up-tempo style. I wouldn't be shocked to see an 8-10 man rotation consistently. Hopefully, we'll be pleasantly surprised to learn that we have more depth than we thought...RM will use players in roles they will succeed.

RM's info was found at: http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=86&p=8&c=1&nid=2167722

LM's info was found at: http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask...baskbl-mtt.html

He didn't get destroyed last year because we played the pack defense and he always had a gaurd sagging to help him out. That will not be the case next year when we play a straight up man-to-man. Everthing is different with RM system wise both on the offensive and the defensive end.

If he's really 6'7 210, you might be on to something. I've seen a few pics of him and he doesnt look that big. I've seen him listed at 6'6 180. If he's 210 he can definitely start at pf. That's the kind of athlete I want at pf. 6'7 210 with speed and athletic ability. And yeah, he was overshadowed on his prep school team by high major prospects. Brad did a great job getting him, but judging by the past who knows if he would've actually playeed him. Brad didnt even start KL initially, opting for DB.

Do we have 10 scholarship players right now?

I didn't vote, but if we don't get anyone else the starting 4 around BH/AK will (not might be) KL,TL,LM,MR. I have looked into my crystal ball. The above is an absolute barring injury.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Well the fact that we had a guard helping him all year, even when we were getting killed from the outside, proves that the staff last year had no faith in him defensively. Luke is a hard worker and I think he would be a great sixth man, but if we want to have the team we all want we better find better options for the starting line-up than him.

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about RM's style. He didn't recruit these players, so he will adjust his style to fit the players on the roster. As he brings in his own players we will get a better idea of his preferences.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Arguing over starting line-ups and actual basketball stuff again. It is much better than fighting over a coach, the way he was fired, the budget, the replacement, press releases, lack of press conferences, and who was behind what.

Did he make an adjustment to the pack, because it looks the same as it did in previous years. Does that mean he guards the post any worse than JJ, Varner, Ohanon, Newborne. Looks like they the same defensive scheme when they were in the game.

So he needs to be 6'9. I'll tell that to Alan Anderson who was a 6'6 pf when Michigan State went to the final four in 2005 or Chuck Hayes, or Roger Powell, Alando Tucker, Quentin Richardson who led the nation in rebounding as a 6'5 freshman power forward or Donnie Dobbs, Albert White, or the 6'5 kid that started at when Indiana reached the title game in 2002, Malik Rose who played center at Drexel, or PJ Tucker, the 2006 Big 12 POY at as a 6'5 pf, I guess you're saying that Chris Sloan was 6'9 too.