ot anyone else see the bernie vs larussa exchange?

larussa laid into the post dispatch for their cubs article today after the game tonite. channel 5 video showed tony and bernie nose to nose sceaming.

what a grand day for the post dispatch.

they get the billiken coach thing wrong, and then larussa tonite. wild stuff.

I saw it. Great Stuff!!!

It still upsets me that BM deliberately spreads clearly false info (RM requesting a move to the MVC) as fact and gets away with it. Incredible. Another reason I no longer subscribe to the Post.

They showed it on sportscenter really made BM look like a fat b****** imo

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

... and its seems all the more true as the days pass on, and that is that these guys ---- Bernie, Slaten, Imus, Stern, Kornheiser, Ryan, Wilbon, Hayes, Mariotti, Kiper --- and anybody else that gets some sort of opinionated gig in the media are all yelling and shouting "look at me" and "look how smart I am" and "look at what I know" to the point that the actual truth does not matter. Are they really there to spout facts ... like how the X's and O's and bench moves all translated into a win or a loss. Or, as I would now argue, are they there to irritated, and opine and bring all of us into their world so that we listen and argue and come back at them? The very fact that a BM search would get just as many hits on this site at a CL or RM or BS search i sludicrous when you think about it but not far fetched.

That's what these guys are paid to do. We have a DJ who hosts the afternoon drive time here at a local Baltimore station. He talks more than he plays music and farts verbal sunshine about just everything. The minute I hear him, I turn him off. Used to be the same way with the old Greaseman when I was in DC --- until I deciphered the language and understood what he was saying. Only then was he funny.

So unsubscrie. Turn him off. Whatever. These guys skewer one and when the blood is all gone, move on to skewer another. Curt Shilling's blood -- real, paint or memorex? Its an evolution that I'm not happy with but it is what it is. All things evolve. Notice there is no more black and white TV? Sad to say if you're just a reporter on a daily paper and don't have a blog, a web site, a radio gig, a national deal, you suck. Maybe Bernie can get a gig and have Jim Everett on and call him "Crissy" like Rome did.