Latest from Cusumano

glanderm

Nine contract points agreed b/w Biondi and Majerus in face to face meeting on Sunday. SLU was under the impression the only open item at that point was salary.

SLU had booked rooms the last two nights for Majerus, but had cancelled those reservations each night

Majerus's side keeps making additional requests and that is annoying SLU.

Cusumano still thinks it could happen, but has less confidence that he had a few days ago. SLU official has told him "we will not break the bank to sign this guy."

A guest host (didn't catch introduction of him at beginning of show) also speculating that maybe Majerus is getting more information re the SLU job as negotiations have dragged on that information may be informing his additional contract demands.

Ramsey, et al. are also now questioning whether SLU would pony up $5m - 7.5m over a 5 year contract.

I think 1.2-1.3/year is definitely warranted.

If you broke that down to an "extra BADASS coach fee" to be assessed each year on top of a MINIMUM salaray of $1 mil, that's only about $20 or $30 per student per year.

I know it doesn't work that way, but I'd pay that. ;)

Suck it up SLU, you get what you pay for. Let's do this.

This deal isn't going to happen. Sounds like they gave him everything he wants and now he wants more. What he really wants is an excuse not to make the deal. Time to move to move. There are other candidates that can be successful if SLU is willing to keep the same level of commitment. Let's find one. Time for Biondi to give Cheryl the reins and let her do her job.

any truth to the rumor that one of the sticking points is that at Chafetz there is to be included a 24 hour pizza place, or at minimum a tunnel is dug connecting the arena to Vito's and in the tunnel is one of those chutes where pizza can be sent through on demand?

is he making additional requests or is he making sure items that seem to be minor details are in writing?

i dont blame majerus a bit.

if we want a legend, then give him the needed infrastructure to succeed.

i think it seems that prior to today frank was getting his infor from the majerus side. now all at once, it seems his info is coming from slu. hmmmmmmm. slu is spinning already. imo, that isnt good.

kmbilliken said,

"There are other candidates that can be successful if SLU is willing to keep the same level of commitment."

i dont believe biondo wants to make that level of committment. someone like majerus has the juice to demand it. the asst coach at siu or sienna's head coach wont.

this is the one and only aspect of the whole majerus thing that has me on the hook. if not for that ability to "change the rules" at slu, i couldnt care less as it would all be a moot point and we would just be selecting our next ex coach.

the infrastructure rebuild is the most important thing for the billikens future and ability to advance to the next level.