What I think

brianstl

no, it would not be OK in any type of 'normal' or 'typical' workplace... but, unfortunately for brad... he is not involved in the 'typical' workplace. his job ensures him vast riches and benefits because he (and every other college/professional coach and athlete) is subject to public scrutinization and analyzation when events such as a 'vague' layoff or trade/transfer occurs... its hard because he is a good guy, but that does not excuse him from simple speculation for the sake of discussion. i am not out to hurt his feelings or make him look bad, or any posters on this forum... i am just looking at it from all angles. im sorry if i actually upset anyone, and i think brad is a decent guy, but i feel that should not silence my opinions.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree

"If slu hires Majerus, bernie and everybody else will be writing and speaking of slu finally being on the right track and blah blah blah... this particular 'homerun' will cleanse slu of any bad reputation, with slu fans, bball fans, media, and the city of stl."

i disagree,

"it really shows how bernie and co are so desperate to write something and anything."

no we gave them cause to write something by mishandling the timing and stepping on cheryl levick which was a poor example of "managing down" by father biondi.

In any workplace it is public among the other workers and business associates and it is normal to wonder why a person got fired. So, I think you are stretching to find a difference. It is wrong to throw out negative inuendo about a persons character regardless of where you work. Especially since your inuendo has no basis.

If you work at McDonalds you are public ... probably not as famous (unless you are really, really good) but just as public. Brad is an employee working for a private institution ... he just happens to be in the public eye, more people care ... but that is the only difference

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

First of all, press conference or no it really does not matter in the big picture. Second, Biondi does not want to have a press conference for whatever the reason - his call but he is then open to people being touchy about not knowing. Third, calm down and listen to Frank C - he is obviously the conduit SLU has chosen for getting info out. Finally, arbitrary deadlines and whining are useless and inappropriate. Grow up - this is how the real world works.

sorry, a classy person could have achieved the same results via cheryl levick and not tarnished her ability to effectively be the athletic director going forward. you dont treat your direct subordinates as such.

"he just happens to be in the public eye, more people care ... but that is the only difference"

that IS the difference... THAT IS MY POINT

it is pretty ridiculous to think i was creating negative inuendo about brad's character.. i said that he could have done something wrong within the guidelines of ncaa regulations.. its nothing serious (and i clearly chose my words to discount my statements as fact), it could be as simple as buying a player dinner and not documenting it... but, if the ncaa found out about it, it would certainly get back to biondi.... and i feel that biondi was aching, or looking for a reason to fire soderberg (hence why earlier i said that brad was on 'thin ice' with biondi [in my opinion]) despite the ad's current support of him..... understand, it is nothing personal... just speculation..... i dont think brad will acknowledge your undivided support of him on this site, and give you any type of props. its hard to believe why someone would have a problem with what i am saying.... its not slander, its not defemation,... its opinion.

i guess my answer is that if coach soderberg had a history of playing in the gray areas or being fast and loose with the guidelines, you might have cause to even bring it up. but coach soderberg has been nothing but a boy scout more or less and to make that jump and express it under the guise of anonimity of an message board doesnt say much for you as a person.

You have your opinion I have mine. I will leave it at that.

i dont think brad will acknowledge your undivided support of him on this site, and give you any type of props

That is just stupid.

yeah your right... soderberg couldnt have broken any type of recruiting regulations and what not.... you know why?? BECAUSE THE GUY DID NOT RECRUIT... and if you can set up a phone call or meeting for me with brad, i will tell him everything that i have said today on this board... in fact, i will print this whole thing out and email it to him right now and kindly ask him what he thinks...

AND you questioning MY character under the guise of anonimity of a message board tells me you are a coward... at least leave your full name after making a BOLD statement like that.

who said anything about arbitrary deadlines. I have been one of the few saying I don't see the big problem with how it was handled. They made a decision and they acted. You should read before you tell someone to grow up.

The only thing I said was I don't think it's right to speculate that Brad was caught cheating with no basis for the speculation. I stand by that. If that is how the real world works, I hope you get a taste of it someday. Maybe something drastic happens to you and you have to deal with the suggestion of wrong doing .... when it is completely baseless.

are you levick's tampon or something?

you are so quick to disrespect and insult biondi when he has been here for ALONG time, and he is who has done EVERYTHING for SLU... but, levick, she has been here for a year or two, and all of a sudden she deserves the final say in matters rather than our president who is EVERYTHING to this school??? get that sand outta your *** bro.

that is funny. It has nothing to do with college basketball. I've read your posts, so I wouldn't think you would be talking about someone appearing to have limited knowledge. Hell in one you had to refer to what your father told you he did when he fired someone.

Lets move on. We disagree.

the explanation which is backed up with 20 years of previous example is that biondi, while a powerful and successful business man, couldnt care less about the folks that get in his way and when he is in the mood he does what he feels is necessary, be damned any thought to his or anyone elses reputation or feelings.

ie. par for the course.

no one is arguing that biondi isnt a success, a lot of people think he is a jerk and arrogant and that is simply because of his past actions.

"be damned any thought to his or anyone elses reputation or feelings."

awww.. did sodie get his fweelings huurt???? poooorbrecito... biondi might be arrogant because he is usually right... and a jerk??? what, is he a jerk now because he 'stepped all over' levick's back and discredited her and blahblahblah... i hope you hold no true leverage or authority in whatever field you work in. you LOVE soderberg who did NOTHING for our school (in reality), and you insult biondi who has done EVERYTHING for this school. you are confused.