Candidates

Quest

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K.O. Let's put it this way...K.O.'s speaking performance at the U of A dinner this year is still making rounds.(For its hilarity, and edginess...he is beloved there)) He is a guy who is ill-afraid to say anything, anywhere, anytime, to anyone, with zero filter, zero hesitation. Direct would be an understated description. He is not pg-13. He attends morning mass daily, and is tireless worker.

He can do more with less. He recruits like very few can, even at tough to recruit places. And he can coach and win. Has a core posse of friends in the college ranks, professional ranks and college media.

>How old is KO? Not that it matters, but hasn't he been out

>of coaching the last year or two. I know his last stop was

>with the NBA. I would find him as an intriguing

>candidate...one I would not rule out.

49-50....and until recently an assistant to his good friend Rick Carlisle at the Indiana Pacers.

Random tidbit...his son is a baseball pitcher for Santa Clara.

Guys, no need to dump on AB. He just has not put in enough time at Vashon to show what sort of program he is going to run (one way or the other). He doesn't have the resume to be a serious candidate for HC at this juncture. But that should be no knock on him as a person or a coach. I can only see AB, at this point, as an assistant on the staff of the new HC (whoever that may be). Wouldn't be a bad move if it were someone like Gillen new to the area. Whether SLU could come up with enough money to pay AB more than he makes at Vashon is another issue.