Good news on the recruiting front

It's my understanding SLU is in the middle of things, along with the Illini and the Vols. I believe he visits Knoxville this coming week. He would have one official visit remaining if he chose to use it. I believe he had a visit to Champaign on Friday.

Okla St was an early front runner as was OU, both have dropped back. Butler has offered but I wouldn't like their chances with Todd L departing. Sadler and the Nubs had offered but he said no. (Sadler will most likely be offered the Ark. position,imo)

I don't know what the Illini or Tenn scholarship situation is, or where he fits in their plans.

On the earlier posts, a player who is on scholarship at a D1 school (old term) must sit out a year upon transfer, unless he transfers to a lower division )DII or III) or NAIA school.

If a player has SIGNED an LOI but has not entered school, he MAY play for another school but must first obtain his release from the institution that executed the LOI. That is the concern at K State, they have chosen to hold their recruits commitments until their "new" coaches have a chance to soldify their position.

Until this year, a school could conditionally release a player, meaning they could restrict him from attending certain schools (i.e, keep a player from following a coach who obtained a new position)

That rule was changed this year by the NCAA; now there can be no restrictions if released, its unconditional.

The same holds for a player moving from an athletic to academic scholarship. It wouldn't help a school. Since he was involved and once was on an athletic scholarship, he would still "count" to the scholarship limit of 13, even if the scholarship was non athletic.

Sorry for the long post, I'm pretty confident on all these items, including Alexander.

I'm under the impression that if a player is signed and hasn't enrolled he is free to go where he wants. In yesterday's interview with Beasley during the Nike Hoop Summit they talked about how he was free to go per NCAA rules. The article on rivals.com says the same thing. If you really thought what you were saying is true, why wouldn't SLU have tried to hold onto an NBA caliber Big man like Ryan Hollins by not letting him leave.

"I'm under the impression that if a player is signed and hasn't enrolled he is free to go where he wants."

V, that simply isn't true. If it was every kid would just sign a LOI and then if a better offer came around he'd go somewhere else. Most schools, however, will allow a kid out of the LOI if the coach leaves the program. That is what we are talking about potentially happening here with K-State.

In the case of Ryan Hollins, Kim Tucchi was on Slaten's show Friday afternoon and he said that Brad went out to see Ryan and both Ryan and his father were crying, saying they didn't want to go to SLU if Romar wasn't there. What in the world is the point in trying to force a kid to go to school if he is crying that he doesn't want to go?

I'm sure you are misenturpreting rivals. Once a kid is signed he must be released by the school to leave without sitting. As kshoe said most schools release the kids, as they should imo. Releasing Hollins was the right thing to do. Not releasing them leaves you with a kid that doesn't want to play there. Who does that help?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Last I heard KState's stance was that they were going to wait until the new coach spoke with each recruit.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Are you confusing the word recruit with signee? KState or any school for that matter has no control over any recruit but they do have control over those who signed. Alexander to my knowledge never signed with anybody so he is free to do whatever he wants regardless of what KState wants to wait for or not. Now if you are refering to Pullen then KState can in fact not release him until the coach talks to him.