Alford Going...going....going....gone to UNM

slu72

Jesus '72! Why don't you just call Miller at Xavier next time and let him know what is going on because i'm sure the only way he heard about the Alford/Peterson connection was on billikens.com! While you're at it, why don't you throw some puppies in the Mississippi, it's obvious you hate SLU.

I will spew nothing but positives if UB signs this kid, who by the way said his decision may come this weekend. I don't care how UB does it, or how fate intercedes to his benefit. God knows, the guy deserves a break or two in this recruiting game. You mean it's not ok to throw puppies into the river?

Brian, you think we dislike UB so much, we'd take a cheap shot at him for actually landing what sounds to be a really good player? Not I. As stated before, he only gets bashed for what he loses; be it winnable games, expected good seasons, or signable recruits. A signable recruit? Anyone he goes after who is not being hotly pursued by a major, eg a 4 or 5 star is an unsignable. UB would get huzzahs all around if he signed one, I expect he won't, so no black marks if the kid goes elsewhere. I think that's more than fair.

"You mean it's not ok to throw puppies into the river?"

Oh no, that's fine. It's just that throwing them into the Mississipi is so undignified.

I agree. UB needs a recruiting break and i hope this was the one that can help propel him. It's go time UB, let's get it done this weekend!

We have read your promises on here before about changing your tone. Let's see if this one sticks if Peterson gives us a verbal.

Jeff we really do want you here and our coach is not going to be interviewing for any higher profile jobs in the next few weeks. Alford has already left Iowa and who knows where Miller will be by the signing date.

i've seen enough "lisch and liddell would have come to slu anyway" posts to believe otherwise.

blue is correct. soderberg wont win on this guy. peterson picks elsewhere it will be soderberg screwed up and if he signs it will be alford gave him to us.

moytoy, while i am not including you, i have seen a number of the abc label relephorde insignificant or a probable role player simply because he was not a fall signee.

I can help you with that ... I already know the answer. It will be because the jid decided to attend a different school. Any time you need an answer ...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I know a guy who's sisters boyfriends second cousin knows a guy that gets his hair cut in DC by the same barber that Peterson uses. It is my understanding that he is a little upset that Brad had to watch him play 7 times before offering. He has wanted to be a Billiken since his favorite uncle looks a little like a Billiken. Despite that childhood love of all things Billiken, it looks as if 7 visits may have been 1 too many. I understand that he had a preset limit of 5 assesments he was allowing any coach, he gave Brad the benefit of the doubt and the 6th look-see as a freebie, but the 7th just may have crossed the line.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.