mani

p diddy

just looking through some stats of other slu recruits and i noticed that mani messy is averaging about two minutes a game at seton hall this season. sounded like we had a good chance of landing him last year (he was at our louisville game) and he would have figured in the plans, but his peeps wanted him to stay close. now, they can all come to the hall and watch him sit. too bad, i saw him play in prep school during my travels back east. he is just as athletic as jj, but maybe more skilled. oh well.

i hope to be at the belleville east tournament tonite to see k. lisch play. sounds like X went off last night on centralia. hope to mmet billiken roy at the game.

a few juco names to chew on: Travis Parker from Southwest Missouri West Plains and Vu'shun Newborne from Chipola, Fla. I believe that is where Tom played.

Dwayne looked great at the mlk shootout at the savvis the other night. He seems to have his quickness back. He's the point guard we need because he can pass, run the show, penetrate, harass the ball and shoot the ball from deeeeep. Tommie got a double-double against cahokia against a box and one defense. I love how he and dwayne understand the game. they can get their own points, but they both understand that it's a team game and they get their teammates involved in positions where they are most effective. both of them have big-time basketball IQs. that's how you win games. hope tommie qualifies. having dwayne, tommie and reggie suurounding the perimeter would be something else. toss in luke, dc and anthony and you have a very competitive situation in the backcourt.

has anybody seen lorenzo gordon from mineral area play. he seems to be putting up some big numbers. there's a brief note about him in the stl american this week.

But the best news of the week: JLo is a free agent once again.

bad boyz for life

p diddy, i plan to be there. i am going straight there from the billiken game pretty much. the rumor here in town is that the entire town is coming. i.e. get there early. i believe the first game is at 5 pm. i suggest being there no later than 4:30. if they sold advance tickets to the schools, (i should know this, but i dont) we might be in trouble. plus, there will be no buying tix and then leaving. you need to go in and stay or you wont get back in.

p diddy, what about the kid from the texas juco i found yesterday, robert faulkner from peoria? you know anything about him?

According to this article. Here's an excerpt:

Article on Newborne

"Vas'shun Newborne, a resourceful 6-6, 220 pound power forward from Chipola J.C. in Marianna, Fla., has been a steadying influence for the Indians this winter. Newborne played well for Chipola at the recent Florida JUCO Shootout. While he's not a breath-taking athlete, Newborne is a cerebral player who finds ways to be an opponent, be it with his defense, rebounding, passing or shooting. This season, Newborne averages 10.1 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists for a 17-2 Indian squad. Newborne has good touch inside of 10 feet, and he's willing to give up his body on the defensive side of the ball. According to Chipola Head Coach Chris Jans, St. Louis and Northern Iowa have offered Newborne. Others in the mix include Wisconsin-Green Bay, Montana State, Southeast Louisiana, Western Kentucky and Central Florida."

>>"Vas'shun Newborne, a resourceful 6-6, 220 pound power forward from Chipola J.C.<<

More around the Matt Shaw size but we could use another athletic big who is willing to bang. The fact that he has played with Tom is a plus (i.e., I assume Tom recommended the kid to the SLU coaching staff).

If anyone can inform me of where this JUCO player plays currently I will look into it..did someone have his name as well?

As far as Lisch, I have read all about his outstanding talents he has, but what are some of his drawbacks, it sounds like maybe his physcial traits, not exactly a prototypical wing for D-1? Just curious since all I have heard is Purdue and ND are the only other big time programs in on him.

According to theinsiders.com website, their showing Kansas & Butler are interested in Lisch (in addition to SLU).

And I think it was BillikenRoy who said in an earlier post today that Notre Dame & Wisconsin were at his game last night.

And IIRC, the Post reported today or yesterday that Kevin had made an unoffical visit to Indiana.

purdue is not recruiting kevin lisch.

yesterday notre dame, wisconsin and siu came to watch him play. tonite, bruce weber was at kevin's game and stood outside his lockerroom entrance the entire game to insure kevin saw him. (btw, weber's illini got buried in wisconsin today, so think of his schedule today to get to belleville in time. he wants him bad.)

i was told at the game today by close althoff people that besides slu, indiana, illinois and kansas have all offered kevin a scholarship already.