A-10 Bracket Times

SluSignGuy

In trying to figure things out with the Wizened One. I hunted down the bracket times for the A-10 Tournament. I don't think they will be shuffled as I got this pointed out to me by someone from the A-10.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/atl10/.../MBBBracket.pdf

Right now, with a win against Richmond or Dayton and a Temple loss. SLU is assured at least the 7 Seed. If SLU beats Richmond and Dayton, this is also assured.

For my schedule's sake, I want a 6 or 7 seed.

a six seed would be very nice. that would mean in the event we are advancing in the tourney we will avoid umass and xavier until the third round.

it so happens that st joes has to play both umass and xavier yet. i.e. if we win out and they lose out, we have a shot at the 6th seed.

.. does not care about the seed. This conference is spelled "p-a-r-i-t-y" right now. Some might say "m-e-d-i-o-c-r-i-t-y" but that is only happy-to-glad type changes. There seems to be no real difference between a team as high as one all the way down to team ten. The last two don't seem to really matter.

My concern is just what time the Billies play and not really who. We'll deal with who when we get there. I want toknow aboutthe tip time becasue that's what drives me to the AC. And past experience is such taht I do not believe that what was done last year necessarily suffcies for this year. That's my point of view.

--gjm

And we beat them pretty well ..... nope, I still think this tournament remains a toss-up. The hot team will win and I think that team will be one that includes a first-day bye. But given that this is on a neutral, non-home city court, I could see any of the top ten teams coming out of here and not being the least bit surprised.

Going into some tournaments, it is not surprising to see someone waltz out and win. Anyhtin in Dayton, and Dayton is the favorite. Same with Cincy and X no matter if its Cintas or FirstBank. Here, I just don't know. I think sometimes that ours is as good as any but given the trends, the lack of firepower and the short bench, I can't see it happening. That's why I got one night in the AC with the potential for more.

With our win aganist Richmond (all the other A10 games tonight have been completed also), here is the latest>

First Round

#5 Fordham vs # 12 St. Bonaventure

#6 St Joe's vs #11 Duquense

#7 St. Louis vs #10 Temple

#8 Dayton vs #9 Charlotte

Second Round

#4 GW vs Fordham-St. Bonaventure Winner

#3 Rhode Island vs St. Joe's-Duquense Winner

#2 Xavier vs St. Louis-Temple Winner

#1 UMASS vs Dayton-Charlotte Winner

I don't think that's right. I believe if UMASS and Xavier both win out then Xavier is the #1 seed and UMASS is #2 b/c they'd have identical records and X won the head to head match up.

If GW wins out and URI does as well then I believe GW is the 3 and URI the 4 bc they'd have identical records and GW won the head to head match up.

Therefor the current top 4 is

1. Xavier

2. Umass

3. GW

4. URI

Assuming we beat Dayton on the road which is a big assumption and that UMASS takes care of St. Joe's we would be the 6 seed. I believe the difference between a 6 and 7 seed is huge as Umass is much better then GW.

We'll see how it plays out.

CAG

we could tie fordham and st joes with a win saturday and losses by them. however fordham i assume has the tie breaker with us head to head. fordham plays temple.

i am not sure how the tie breaker works on a three way tie though.

we would have the tie breaker head to head with st joes and they play umass saturday.

fifth or sixth place would be huge to avoid umass or xavier as long as possible. in particular, i would rather avoid xavier to the end. i believe xavier is the head and shoulders class of the a-10.

anyone know the tie breaker in the event of a three way tie?

(technically gw could also lose out to be in the group as well, but i dont think gw is going to lose two to both charlotte and duquesne)

if we lose saturday we will be tied with dayton. since that loss would mean we split the series, i am not sure what the next tie breaker is. a loss saturday is disasterous if it makes us the 8 seed. first off i dont want to play charlotte. while we beat them fairly easily, charlotte is a strange team and shouldnt be as bad as they are. second, it would mean likely xavier the second game.