Anthony James was incredible tonight

VTIME

He is without question, WITHOUT QUESTION a mid-to-high major player. For 3 quarters he absolutely torched the V with 2 or 3 guys running at him all game. In the 4th quarter #32 on Normandy was called for a foul and they gave it to #52 Anthony James giving him his 4th foul. That call changed the game. James couldn't play defense the way he played the rest of the game and couldnt go to the basket for fear of a charge. Vashon did a good job of denying him the ball and his teammates went away from him. It was a shame. Normandy led 48 to 43 either late in 3rd quarter or early in the 4th and things went down hill from there. One-sided officiating down the stretch. James was incredible. James was incredible. James was incredible. AGAIN!!!!!!!! He should get an offer. He earned the respect of that entire crowd tonight. Even some Vashon fans started cheering for him, he was playing so good. Fall away jumpers, long 3's putbacks, steals, passes. The kid is one heck of a player. He is without question a mid-major player at the least and I'll stake my reputation and do anything I can to help this kid get to the D1 level.

Incredible. Simply incredible. He's a joy to watch. I cant wait til November for Anthony James the 2008 version. The crowd left convinced tonight. Finals stats, he ended up with 29pts, all in 3 quarter. Normandy went into the 4th quarter up 5 and ended up getting outscored 24-5 in the 4th quarter. They got hosed by the refs.

James deserves it. 29pts in 3 quarters against the V. Unstoppable. They had Vashon's number all game and then they get outscored 24-5 in the 4th quarter. It wasnt a miraculous turnaround. The Vashon guys were allowed to play physical and then they called all touch fouls on Normandy and they credited James #52 with an over the back foul when it was #32 to who committed the foul. James was out by the 3pt line. It was ridiculous. It was bullcrap. He's an outstanding ball player. If the Eagles cut him again, they are blind.

James had 19 points in the first half, 26 points in three quarters and then hit a 3-pointer in the final seconds to get to 29 points. He made 12 of 25 shots.

Vashon won the game when it switched to a box-and-one defense on James late in the first half. The Wolverines had a couple different defenders on him, and then would switch and almost double-team to deny entry passes on the wing. James took 18 shots in the first half, and could only manage seven in the second half when his team needed him to shoot.

Normandy led after each of the first three quarters, but couldn't handle Vashon's size and strength inside. A lot of times, Vashon guys were just tossing the ball up near the rim and then two or three guys would attack the offensive board and get the putback.

Even when Normandy was leading by five at the beginning of the fourth quarter, things looked bad for the Vikings. Normandy was working very hard to get each of its baskets, while Vashon wasn't having as much trouble.

Normandy needed someone else, besides James, to step up and make a difference in the fourth quarter and it never happened. It was a great effort, but the Vikings just didn't have enough left at the end.

I don't know about James being a mid-to-high major prospect. He can definitely shoot and score, but he's small (6-foot, 6-1ish) and needs to add weight and strength. I'd like to see him create scoring opportunities for other people, but he seemed more inclined to try to take every shot himself. There were times last night that he had to take shots, but there were also moments when he would have been better off getting his teammates involved.

It is good to see VTime's head didn't explode last night, with James, Leon Powell and Cornelius Walker all playing on the same court.

- Nate

>There seems to be some shorud of secrecy around this kid. Is

>he holding out for Mizzou? Some have said he will be in the

>Valley. Is SLU even an option he is considering? Thanks

I have no idea what Leon Powell is thinking.

The only thing I've heard, from a source close to the Vashon team, is that Powell will probably end up in the Missouri Valley Conference somewhere.

An interesting sidenote to last night's district semifinal games at Normandy... SLU coach Brad Soderberg was in the house to watch Gateway Tech junior Jesse Perry play against Beaumont, but I think he left before Vashon played.

- Nate

He can definitely shoot and score and he lit them up despite the whole defense being geared to stop him. The shots he took were good shots. He stayed on the floor. The Vashon fans started cheering for him, specifically after the fall away baseline jumper over Powell. He's all the Vashon fans were talking about after the game. He has the respect of all those Vashon players. He played with them in the summer for Gameface. They knew what he was going to do and they still couldnt stop him. He's that good.

Anthony has big-time offensive talent, but he needs to commit himself to the books as much he does to that jump shot. Anthony has some work to do if he is going to tee it up at a division i school near you. Applying himself in the classroom has been an issue for AJ. Hopefully, he can turn it around because he has real talent.

bad boyz for life

Pretty good jumpshot though. How many high school kids have a real one-dribble pull up jump shot out of the triple-threat. Not many. The midrange game is a lost art and he has it down to a science. He can do it going left and right. As a Normandy alum I can tell you that our athletes qualify. We have ACT prep courses offered to juniors and seniors as a class for credit. Maroney took it and so have a lot of our other athletes. I took the ACT before I took the ACT prep course. I got a 21 without a sweat. I had intentions on taking it again after the ACT prep course, but I already had plenty of scholarships so I opted not to take it. I have a lot of Normandy connections, faculty and students. Our kids USUALLY dont have a problem qualifying at all. If SLU's showing serious interest I can find out that information rather easily.

There is a sliding scale, but before that it was an 18. I think the sliding scale ridiculous. If you have a 2.0 GPA at your high school, how you are gonna score high on the ACT. Is your high school coursework really that demanding? It works the other way though. A kid could have a high GPA at a particular school, but wasnt taught specific parts that are on the ACT and the sliding scale helps them. I dont know how the sliding scale is set up, but I know in 2005 they just told Deandre Thomas he needed an 18 to get in.