Recruit News

billfan4life

DeMatha is a very highly reguarded basketball school. I want to say they came to St. Louis years ago for the Shoot-Out and took on CBC. DeMatha was led by Joseph Forte and Keith Bogans. I seriously doubt that Reggie Bryant keeps in touch with Brad Soderberg let alone helps him out with recruiting.

Is there reason to believe either of these kids are anything more than mid-major talents?

are we really excited about a 2-star 5'11 PG who only has offers from William and Mary and Princeton? I am sure he is a great kid and would come in here and work very hard, but would it kill us to put some talent on the floor?

Let's be honest with ourselves; the kid plays for one of the, if not the most heralded high school programs in the country. Do you really think he just flew under the collective radars of bigger schools? Are we all trusting Brad's ability to find a diamond in the rough?

I am not being negative for the sake of being negative, so please spare me. How do you see this kid fitting in, minding that the A-10 is BY FAR the best league of the prospective leagues he is looking at?

Werent most of the people on here rippin Brad for not offering "2nd tier" players until late just in case the Blue Chippers dont commit. Now the same posters are going to be all over him for offering this kid. Just seems kind of contradictory.

Other than Metz, I don't see anybody truly getting excited about the guy. People were just inquiring about the guy. He plays for DeMatha and is a pg. That's all I know.

Personally, I hope our guard addition for next year is marcus walker.

I am not ripping him for offering these kids, I am just asking if anyone knows anything about these kids to give us reason to believe they can compete at a high level. Looking at their profiles and doing some quick searches on the Internet does not give me the impression that these are anything but mid-major prospects. And its not like we are consistently on the radar for Blue Chip recruits and just missing, we are recruiting 2nd tier players and missing.

I was kidding with my post. If we could get some kind of inroads at DeMatt or the Baltimore area I would be thrilled, but I personally don't see many high level recruits from the east coast coming to SLU.

I think SLU needs to focus on locking down the St. Louis area and then look to the midwest region to recruit guys. Chances are if a kid looks at SLU from Baltimore or South Carolina or Houston and has no legitimate offers, the kid is probably not real good. A legitimate kid from those areas will have offers from the Big East, SEC, or Big 12 and we would likely have no real shot at getting a kid over teams from those conferences.

>On a highly regarded program. If he were any good whatsoever

>he would have multiple suitors, but he does not.

I'm not saying he's any good or anything like that, but he did originally commit to Princeton. So that could be a reason why he's still available.

Well, he commited early to Princeton. Most people probably backed off. Obviously, there is a reason he reopened his recruiting. Perhaps he had a good year and thinks he will now go to a better program. Looks like that will be the case. However, I realize there isn't much room on this board for that line of thinking. I mean, the floor leader on one of the most highly regarded programs in the country probably REALLY sucks ass...