St. Marys beats Gonzaga...

alameda bob

and the fans get to storm the court in Moraga TWICE!! With 1 second left on the clock and the Gaels up by 7 the refs made the fans clear the court and brought the Zags back out of the locker room to shoot 2 Technical foul shots. Then it happened again, final 80-75.

Where you there Bay Area Billiken?

No, I had to watch this one on TV. Last week, it was announced that the game was a sellout.

The SMC students were wild the whole game.

The USF Dons sit atop the WCC at 3-0 (albeit 7-11 overall). The days of WCC dominance by the Zags appear to have finally ended, no doubt in large measure due to Adam Morrison's early departure for the NBA.

Those 9:00 Pacific start times are even late for us out here. ESPN is driving that truck and insists on having SportsCenter on the air at 11:00 EST, 8:00 PST. Hence, the Western part of Big Monday starts at Midnight, EST, 11:00 CST, 9:00 PST.

The WCC switched from Thursday or Friday and Saturday games to Saturday and Monday games last year so it could share that 9:00 Pacific start time on Big Monday, and thereby get some games on ESPN nationally.

that win broke a 30 game league win streak, plus it was a great back and forth game all night long. The fans were bonkers all night starting 3 hours before tip according to the TV guys.

I would have been on the court if I was there. It was a good thing the technical did not affect the outcome when the first rush occurred with 1 second left. It followed a great alley-oop slam by Simpson who finished with 29 for the Gaels, so the fans just reacted. I really liked the play of Freshman big guy Samhan who scored 20. The Zags will still win the WCC, they are very good and very well coached.

If the T had changed the game the refs would be in big trouble. I thought they would just end the game, but I'm not a big stickler for that stuff like 1 measly second, come on guys.