MU/SLU/Post Dispatch

MB73

Once again, I am not saying the Tigers will make the tourney. I am saying they ahve a better shot than SLU, MO ST or UMKC.

The SEMO argument is a good one. They are on a 3 game losing streak, so it may not be in a couple weeks.

Teams in a BCS confrence should have a better shot then SLU, MO ST, and UMKC on a year to year basis. That isnt rocket science

So we need to wait until Sunday to find out if the Road Island win counts or do we have double standards?

Double standards?

The issue is that some MU shills at the Post managed to put MU on the front page to highlight a GAME THEY PLAY TOMORROW while a strong SLU victory LAST NIGHT was on page 3.

Bad loss vs GW was the only time (or one of the very few times) we made front page , Post and Timmermen (who I am not so fond of, I think he writes very cynically about SLU, but some of you guys seem to think he is OK) put 2" high headlines "SLU...Futility".

Explain the logic and fairness there, please, Sir Hoophead.

Double standards?

The issue is that some MU shills at the Post managed to put MU on the front page to highlight a GAME THEY PLAY TOMORROW while a strong SLU victory LAST NIGHT was on page 3.

Bad loss vs GW was the only time (or one of the very few times) we made front page , Post and Timmermen (who I am not so fond of, I think he writes very cynically about SLU, but some of you guys seem to think he is OK) put 2" high headlines "SLU...Futility".

Whats his headline suppose to say. We scored freakin 20 pts

Double standards?

I was refering to the statement that the tiger win over texas was cancelled out by the Iowa st loss. If this is true, then if the bills lose Sunday it cancells out the RI win.

Once again, I am not saying the Tigers will make the tourney. I am saying they ahve a better shot than SLU, MO ST or UMKC.

The SEMO argument is a good one. They are on a 3 game losing streak, so it may not be in a couple weeks.

Two of those were tough road games in the OVC. They have a team that has a very good chance to win their conference tourney. That is the only way any team from this state is making the tourney. What you are trying argue would be like me trying to argue I have a better chance than you of tapping Gisele Bundchen. Sure my chance might be 0.0000005% compared to yours of 0.0000004%, but both our chances basically 0. It is a pretty stupid argument.

I was refering to the statement that the tiger win over texas was cancelled out by the Iowa st loss. If this is true, then if the bills lose Sunday it cancells out the RI win.

And I would like to see a SLU story on the front page after every game. I am not defending the post.

Two of those were tough road games in the OVC. They have a team that has a very good chance to win their conference tourney. That is the only way any team from this state is making the tourney. What you are trying argue would be like me trying to argue I have a better chance than you of tapping Gisele Bundchen. Sure my chance might be 0.0000005% compared to yours of 0.0000004%, but both are chances are basically 0. It is a pretty stupid argument.

Then stop arguing it. Just admit I am right and move on.

There are columns from Gordon and Burwell..

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...2A?OpenDocument

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...CE?OpenDocument

Do majority of people still read newspapers? I could understand if they still don't have an Internet connection so they are are catering to those people.. ;)

According to a banner ad I saw on stltoday.com today, over 1.3 million adults still read the P-D's print version every week. It even said "People still DO read the paper!" Of course, that was on the paper's website. I'm also not sure why they specified the amount of adults that read instead of just everyone.

Anyway, this argument is about how we deserved the front page of the Sports section (in print).

And I would like to see a SLU story on the front page after every game. I am not defending the post.

Im not saying the win against Texas is cancelled out or doesnt count im just saying all that hard work and great play in the victory against Texas is going to be looked over by the selection committee due to the fact they lost to Iowa State on the road. MU played a great game vs Texas and should be applauded. Im just saying for tournament sake the lose at Iowa State will be to hard to overcome. The committee needs quality road wins and MU had its chance and blew it, thats all im saying

Double standards?

I'm guessing the reason why the bball recap didn't make the front page was because they already had the Burwell article planned for page 1 and they didn't want to put two SLU stories on the first page. They're not going to put one of their lead columnist stories on page 3.

Also, all things being equal, SLU is never going to get the same coverage in the Post as Mizzou. I tend to believe it's a numbers issue(more MU fans in St. Lou than Billiken fans) as opposed to a Mizzou slant thing because if you listen to the Tiger fans they'll tell you how the Post is out to get them.

I guess I missed all the good news that has been coming from MU basketball program recently. Carroll getting shot. Butters hitting his girlfriend. Grimes getting gansta in the DQ parking lot. Adnerson driving drunk. It has been a great past 12 months for the MU program.

I don't remember saying MU was doing well at all OR bi#ching about something stupid after we won a big game. If you find anywhere that I did that, please show me...

So we need to wait until Sunday to find out if the Road Island win counts or do we have double standards?

No.

If MU beats KU, then the Sunday Post sports front page should feature huge Billiken article on their contest vs. Temple.

MU victory should be on page 3.

Do you mean the team that couldn't beat the Illini on a neutral court? Do mean the team that lost to Iowa St.? Iowa St. who lost at home to Northern Iowa?

We both beat ranked teams in the past week and have been disappointing other than that. Both teams are very average teams and both are not going to the NCAA tournament. SEMO, even with losing their best player, has the best chance of going to the tournament in the state. They are second in the OVC at 6-3 and could very easily end up winning their conference tourney.

I used to kid my freinds from Detroit because the Free Press and the News would give you baseball scores on Monday for Friday, Saturday and Sunday while would would have the final edition giving us the scores the next day each and every day of the weekend. With the Post being an out of

town paper now it was probably a filler piece because they didn't want to sit out the entire game for a final score in case we went overtime like Dayton.

Didn't have internet access yesterday.

Four stories on the cover: Mizzou, Blues, Cards, SLU.

Burwell's column included both commentary on the SI piece and game info.

And then you turned the page and got the game recap.

Both the p1 Mizzou story and the p1 SLU story are commentaries.

If the Bills had been solely on 3 (or 11 or 15), I'd see your point. In this case, you're stretching.