MU/SLU/Post Dispatch

MB73

We beat a ranked team and MU is on front page of sports re: a game they play tomorrow!

And they just lost to Iowa State.

SLU victory is on page 3 (actually, closer to front than usual).

We lose to GW and we are headline of front page of sports large letters "... SLU... Futility...etc".

Thanks, Timmerman.

Timmermann has nothing to do with that.

Tom does a great job on that beat.

- Nate

People always seem to want to blame Tom for the editors decisions. We did make the below the fold front page with an article by one of the paper's two lead columnist. That said, I was little let down by the placement in this mornings Post.

People always seem to want to blame Tom for the editors decisions. We did make the below the fold front page with an article by one of the paper's two lead columnist. That said, I was little let down by the placement in this mornings Post.

Tom's fighting the good fight for his beat. If it were up to him, everything he wrote would be on the front of the Sports page. But it's not and the P-D Sports staff is full of hard-headed Mizzou lovers.

But I couldn't agree more, it's asinine to put a team that just lost and hasn't played yet over a team that just beat a ranked team in town last night. That defies all logic, especially because both teams are D1 programs. We're not arguing for a Fontbonne victory to be put ahead of a Mizzou pre-game feature.

In another post today, it was discussed that the attendance was kind of weak for a ranked opponent and the consensus is "no one knows that Rhode Island is ranked, or anything else about Rhode Island." Fair enough, but why don't people know that? Because there was virtually no coverage about it leading up to the game in our local paper! A ranked team coming into the city to play the local D1 school warrants more than a starting lineup box and brief summary a few pages deep.

I have no problem with Mizzou getting that love on the front of the paper, and I know they have KU coming up, which is a big deal. But how about fair treatment for all local programs? Why slight the one that's located 5 minutes from the P-D offices? Sheesh.

We beat a ranked team and MU is on front page of sports re: a game they play tomorrow!

We lose to GW and we are headline of front page of sports large letters "... SLU... Futility...etc".

Thanks, Timmerman.

We haven't had one of these posts in months. We use to have them weekly.

Thanks, Timmerman.

You beat a good team (the first good news for you're team in a while) and you find something to bi#ch about???

Thanks, Timmerman.

We get better coverage from cbsportsline than we do from the post-disgrace aka communist times

You beat a good team (the first good news for you're team in a while) and you find something to bi#ch about???

I guess I missed all the good news that has been coming from MU basketball program recently. Carroll getting shot. Butters hitting his girlfriend. Grimes getting gansta in the DQ parking lot. Adnerson driving drunk. It has been a great past 12 months for the MU program.

I guess I missed all the good news that has been coming from MU basketball program recently. Carroll getting shot. Butters hitting his girlfriend. Grimes getting gansta in the DQ parking lot. Adnerson driving drunk. It has been a great past 12 months for the MU program.

On a side note I saw Kalen Grimes at Big Daddy's

They did beat Texas last Saturday and probably have the best chance of any school in the state to go to the tourney.

They did beat Texas last Saturday and probably have the best chance of any school in the state to go to the tourney.

The win at Texas is a wash due to the fact that 3 days later they lose to Iowa State. Their vaunted 40mins of hell got shredded by an average Cyclone team

So we need to wait until Sunday to find out if the Road Island win counts or do we have double standards?

No because I never said SLU had a chance at the tourney. If you want to be in the tournament you cant have loses like that. Just pointing that out. Mizzou has 0 road victories which doesnt bode well for them

The win at Texas is a wash due to the fact that 3 days later they lose to Iowa State. Their vaunted 40mins of hell got shredded by an average Cyclone team

I disagree. I'm not a bracketologist, but I think that win over Texas gets them in the tourney as long as they win 20 games. And that would happen with a 9-7 conference record and a 1st round win the Big 12 tourney. 8-8 and 2 wins is a little less likely.

Do you mean the team that couldn't beat the Illini on a neutral court? Do mean the team that lost to Iowa St.? Iowa St. who lost at home to Northern Iowa?

We both beat ranked teams in the past week and have been disappointing other than that. Both teams are very average teams and both are not going to the NCAA tournament. SEMO, even with losing their best player, has the best chance of going to the tournament in the state. They are second in the OVC at 6-3 and could very easily end up winning their conference tourney.

I disagree. I'm not a bracketologist, but I think that win over Texas gets them in the tourney as long as they win 20 games. And that would happen with a 9-7 conference record and a 1st round win the Big 12 tourney. 8-8 and 2 wins is a little less likely.

They need to prove they can win on the road. They have the talent, they just need to put it all together. The game against Iowa State was worse then the score indicated. So many easy buckets for Iowa St when they broke the press and MU was getting killed on the glass

Do you mean the team that couldn't beat the Illini on a neutral court? Do mean the team that lost to Iowa St.? Iowa St. who lost at home to Northern Iowa?

We both beat ranked teams in the past week and have been disappointing other than that. Both teams are very average teams and both are not going to the NCAA tournament. SEMO, even with losing their best player, has the best chance of going to the tournament in the state. They are second in the OVC at 6-3 and could very easily end up winning their conference tourney.

Agree 100%. SEMO has a good team this year

A home win over Texas doesn't get them in the tournament if they win 20. They need to beat somebody good on the road for that to happen.

No because I never said SLU had a chance at the tourney. If you want to be in the tournament you cant have loses like that. Just pointing that out. Mizzou has 0 road victories which doesnt bode well for them

I said they have a better chance than SLU, MO St, UMKC and the other D1 school I am missing. If you disagree back up your argument. The Tigers need ti finish in the top have of the big 12 and win a big 12 tourney game to get in. Will this happen? I don't know. Is this more likely than SLU, MO St or UMKC winning their tournies? Yes!

I said they have a better chance than SLU, MO St, UMKC and the other D1 school I am missing. If you disagree back up your argument. The Tigers need ti finish in the top have of the big 12 and win a big 12 tourney game to get in. Will this happen? I don't know. Is this more likely than SLU, MO St or UMKC winning their tournies? Yes!

SEMO has the best chance

Without a good road win they will not get in the tourney even if they finish in the top half of the conference.

Without a good road win they will not get in the tourney even if they finish in the top half of the conference.

Once again, I am not saying the Tigers will make the tourney. I am saying they ahve a better shot than SLU, MO ST or UMKC.

The SEMO argument is a good one. They are on a 3 game losing streak, so it may not be in a couple weeks.