Just back from seeing a SLU rival.

SIU 66 St. Mary's 61 at tiny McKeon Pavilion in Moraga, CA.

I was very impressed with Falker (23 points, 11 rebounds) and Tatum (17 points and in control at point guard). Needless to say, and at the risk of incurring wrath from segments of this board, it is too bad these two are Salukis and not Billikens. I've read the story re Falker. What is the story re Tatum? He is one heck of a point guard, quick, and he can shoot too. Tatum is from Jeff City Helias. Another question is how Quinn Snyder let Tatum get away from Mizzou's own backyard? That may have ultimately played some role in Q's demise.

Shaw did little: only 2 points, 2 rebounds, and 4 turnovers, two of them on bad passes, in 34 minutes. I know Shaw is better than how he played today, but I don't know how much real help he would have been for SLU, as compared to what SLU has. Shaw is listed at 6'7" and plays the 4 on offense. At times he played the 5 on defense against SMC's 2 7 footers. Falker is also listed at 6'7" and was playing the 5 on offense, at times the 4 on defense, guarding SMC's star soph Diamon Simpson, also 6'7".

From SLU's perspective, keep SIU on the schedule. Falker and Tatum are both Seniors. SLU can get SIU in St. Louis next year.

For Randy Bennett fans, SMC is now 6-8 and on a 4 game losing streak. SMC was coming off a 3 loss road trip to Nevada, UConn, and St. Joe's.

>I don't know if you'd really want Tatum around. He's been

>arrested twice as a Saluki and is a bit of a thug. He got

>thrown out of a game by throwing a punch at one of our

>walk-ons.

Getting in a fight doesnt make you a thug. People always focus on the negative. He's also an honor student, his father is a professor, and his mother is the superintended of the public school system in Jeff City, MO.

>>I don't know if you'd really want Tatum around. He's been

>>arrested twice as a Saluki and is a bit of a thug. He got

>>thrown out of a game by throwing a punch at one of our

>>walk-ons.

>

>

>Getting in a fight doesnt make you a thug. People always

>focus on the negative. He's also an honor student, his

>father is a professor, and his mother is the superintended

>of the public school system in Jeff City, MO.

Teddy Bundy was an honors student himself, from a good family. What's your point? If he hadn't been arrested twice or thrown punches, then I wouldn't have anything to point out. Of course people notice negative things.

And yes, he swung at Trevyor Fisher, which is pointless to begin with.

How big is the Fieldhouse at St.Mary`s?Looks like it doesn`t have alot of seats,but seems like the fans are pretty close to the action.

I think the Gaels have scheduled a pretty tough non-conference schedule.

Thought I heard the announcers say on one broadcast the Randy has a guard coming in next year,from Austrialia,and Randy says he may be the best guard he has been around(something along those lines)says alot,hope that`s the way it plays out for the Gaels.