Mizzou????

Bucky

I have followed SLU since Brad has left Wisconsin and I'm curious why doesn't SLU play Mizzou???? I'm pretty sure they haven't played since he has been hired.

Is it Mizzou ducking you or are both sides not willing to play? I love all the instate games(Wisconsin plays Marquette and UW-Milwaukee and UW-GB every year and they are good matchups) and I really think that would be a interesting game.

Mizzoo is scared to play us ever since they barely beat us on a last second shot by jj stokes were not the people you should ask we want to play them they wont play us

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

Wesley Stokes from Long Beach Poly, not JJ Stokes from the SF 49ers. I'm pretty sure Anderson isnt dodging. Boosters and alumni make your voices heard. They just lost by 3 to a good Illinois team and Mizzou was off their game tonight. Didnt understand why Grimes didnt start and then when he did play all he did was shut down Pruitt who was killing them and then scored 6 straight points in the first. Then he doesnt leave the bench in the second half while Pruitt was pulverizing Lyons inisde. I just dont get it. I could see if it was the Grimes of last year, but this Grimes is averaging double figures, leading you in blocks and rebounds. Strange, strange, strange.

>Vtime - why would you say the Tigers were off their game?

>They played a team that is at least as good as Purdue and

>Purdue killed MO. My guess is this is as good as MO gets.

Missouri usually doesnt allow so many easy buckets inside. Grimes usually erases those shots, but he surprising didnt play that much despite being the only presence that slowed Pruitt and scoring 6 straight points in his brief stint. Lyons is usually a lot more aggressive off the bounce, because he think's he's a wing. Their defensive rotations were horrible. Grimes playing a lot more would've helped stop Pruitt and then they could've concentrated on the shooters. Coach Anderson was a little off in the strategy department last night in my opinion, but they still had a chance to send the game into overtime on a last second. Illinois is a tournament team that can go to the Sweet 16, you said this is as good as MO gets like its a bad thing. Purdue will probably get in too, they're very underrated. Landry is a heckuva player and Keaton Grant, a former MO commit is a very good young player.

I don't know what will happen. I would guess that they would sign a similiar deal since Bo is in favor of playing those games. I would guess that Wisconsin would get a similar deal.

Marquette finally signed a similar deal (5 year with UWM hosting one year) with UWM.

>I don't know what will happen. I would guess that they

>would sign a similiar deal since Bo is in favor of playing

>those games. I would guess that Wisconsin would get a

>similar deal.

>

>Marquette finally signed a similar deal (5 year with UWM

>hosting one year) with UWM.

>I don't know what will happen. I would guess that they

>would sign a similiar deal since Bo is in favor of playing

>those games. I would guess that Wisconsin would get a

>similar deal.

>

>Marquette finally signed a similar deal (5 year with UWM

>hosting one year) with UWM.

Yep that is what I was looking for. It is somewhat misleading to say all of the UW schools play each other etc...not on equal footing. They ae 4 and 1's. UWM didn't want to play Marquette on a 4 and 1 and wanted more money than Bucky, so they didn't play for a while. UWM wanted a better deal than what UW gives and Marquette offered same deal. UWM said no. i.e. ..Regardless, I don't think Missouri St. would play 4 and 1's etc...with SLU or Mizzou. It is rather easy to come on hear and say a school or schools play the other teams in state when they are 4 and 1's.(Missouri, SLU, Missouri St. are more ideal for home and homes)

I have a question Bucky. When Soderberg coached at Madison, he had one year as head coach, made the NCAA's. Prior, as assistant to Dick Bennett, team made the Final Four, albeit with 6th place conference team and cindarella run...but every time I hear from Madison people, they are relentless with their dislike of Soderberg (as coach, not person). I was curious why this was so. I know when he was assistant Badegers won 20 games for first time EVER in school's program.(found that stat hard to believe myself, never haveing won 20 games prior) He had all of one season and was run out of town, coming off of the 6th place season prior to his being head coach.

Actually MU didn't really try to schedule UWM the las 4 years when they have been good. I know Pearl really wanted a game badly, he was in the media stating that. There seemed to be a sticking point with money on both sides. The big problem MU had was trying to get the same deal Wisconsin has even though they have less to negotiate with. Wisconsin sells out every game regardless of who they are playing Marquette does not and it seems that this affeected the price and negotiations. That is my take with not alot of inside knowledge.

As far as Brad I can only speak for myself. I liked him and I thought he did a good job. I lurk here alot and follow SLU because I liked him as a coach. I'm also glad to see that he has put together a good squad this year. I would like to play SLU but I have a feeling that won't happen anytime soon.

The big reason he wasn't retained was the situation. He took over because Dick Bennett retired 3 games into the season. Soderberg did a great job with a senior laden team getting them to the tourny and suffering a hard loss to Georgia State. The fact of the matter is that if Dick would've finished the year and then retired Brad probably wouldn't have been considered. Instead of handing him the job the former AD interviewed a few people and then named Bo Ryan head coach. I really liked the hire and Bo has done a great job.