KL's injury

Tonka

Can someone give me an update on Kevin Lisch. I need an update on the elbow the fingers, etc. Maybe it's already been posted but it might be amongst all the "You're not a real Fan", Oh yes I am a fan", "Pipe down, a Real Fan Is" posts.

I know he has an issue with his elbow and that hindered his shot. He wore a sleeve and kept playing. I was not at the game last night, so fill me in. He ripped his fingers and has 5 to 6 stitches. Is this new injury on his shooting hand as well?

Interesting enough, I was going to post this week about whether or not it would be a good idea to sit KL last night to let his elbow rest even more. Last night would have been the game to do that. Having said that I don't know if his elbow injury is one that will linger all season and one game's rest won't matter or if it would have done him good.

Now he has this rip between his fingers. That's a shame. Anyone have any real insight to how bad this new injury is and about the elbow?

His elbow is considered fully healed and not an issue.

He had a few stitches between the ring and middle fingers on his shooting hand last night, but he is expected to be able to play this week with some heavy taping. We won't know whether it will impact his shot/play until he tests it Monday night.

I'm hoping that Kevin can play tough D, pass the ball, and hit his average for free throws. Other than that I don't think you can ask for any more. We just need his presence out there, and a strong one at that. Here's hoping he's fully healed by the new year and ready to go on a conference schedule tear like last year.

i assume that lisch will guard ahearn. if so, that task is worth more than his own offense. ahrean is the heart and soul of the missouri state team and if lisch contains that, i think the game is ours to take the cheese.

I hope that Lisch guards Ahearn, KL's too much of a competitor to let anyone really hang some numbers on him... the only thing that worries me is that I hear that SMS runs Ahearn off a LOT of screens, in which case Kevin's defense is only as good as those calling out those picks to him, and switching/helping.

Disappointed at the attendance, I almost bought tickets on Sat. thinking that they would be limited by tonight... Oh well, makes no difference.