Dear Saluki fans and students:

You have the worst facilities in America

You have the worst public address announcer in America

You're little "timeout -- where? in the arena -- oh.." is a rip-off of the Chicago Bears...you aren't that far down I-57...I am writing the Halas family a letter as we speak so they can copyright that and sue your fu*king asses. I hate the Bears, but having to listen to that all day pissed me off almost as much as the play of Ian Voyoukas.

You have a barbershop quartet for a band. They are awful.

I had to wait three hours to post this because I couldn't get wi-fi in Carbondale, which I thought was the information technology center of the universe..apparently I must have read the wrong pamphlet at the United terminal at Carbondale International Airport and Nail Care salon (permission granted by Ron White, Inc.)...rednecks.

Nevermind, why be a child like Also receiving votes.

Glad we had a good game today. Hope this game continues every year. Win every game you have the rest of the season and hopefully we can have a rematch in the Sweet 16.

>You have the worst facilities in America

>

>You have the worst public address announcer in America

>

>You're little "timeout -- where? in the arena -- oh.." is a

>rip-off of the Chicago Bears...you aren't that far down

>I-57...I am writing the Halas family a letter as we speak so

>they can copyright that and sue your fu*king asses. I hate

>the Bears, but having to listen to that all day pissed me

>off almost as much as the play of Ian Voyoukas.

>

>You have a barbershop quartet for a band. They are awful.

>

>I had to wait three hours to post this because I couldn't

>get wi-fi in Carbondale, which I thought was the information

>technology center of the universe..apparently I must have

>read the wrong pamphlet at the United terminal at Carbondale

>International Airport and Nail Care salon (permission

>granted by Ron White, Inc.)...rednecks.

your little student section you brought was awful...I sat in that section. Your fans were yelling F bombs in front of kids....pathetic. You were cheering for an SIU loss in football, in which you have no interest what so ever. You were cheering for Your thug players to INJURE ours....specifically Bryan Mullins....classless. I heard a SLU dad drop an F bomb in front of his 2 12 year old sons......And you have the arrogance to call us out. Well here's a clue, never come back to Carbondale. Tuck your tail between your legs after your butt kicking to a 5 time NCAA tournament team. Say, when's the last time SLU made the dance? Just curious.....and oh, where's SLU's football program? oh wait, you don't have one.

PS: SCORE BOARD!

Hopefully Most SLU fans are not the representation of what I saw and heard. To those fans, I say, thanks for a good game and good luck on the rest of the season.

Dear SLU,

Your all NBA center is a worthless piece of s**t. He missed so many easy lay-ups. Kevin Lisch can't take the physical play of college basketball. When it gets to physical he has to fake an injury so he can be subbed out. Your coach is also a piece of s**t. I can see why no recruits have signed to play for him. It’s also kind of sad when you tell us that we have a bad arena. At least we have an arena. You guys play at the St. Louis Blues Arena where you never come close to selling half of it out. I feel bad for the Liddell kid. I hope he thinks about transferring so he can play in a NCAA tourney before he graduates.

It's pretty easy to rub salt in the wounds to the emotional fans after a loss. It very easy to rub salt in the wounds to the irrational fans after a loss. You could have succeeded at both by keying on some points which you did a few times. But, when you start calling our players thugs and acting this way, your post loses the impact of it's intent. Now you fall into the category of our irrational fans and now it doesn't invoke frustration or any emotion, just a blank stare.

PS, I sure hope our fans were not acting that way.

why does this feel like one person posting under different usernames. the tone sounds the same in all the posts. It wouldn't even suprise me if this was on of our regular posters who usually exudes such lack of class, posting under new names to bash our players. All senseless.

I like that you all call out SLU fans for lacking class and you then go on to post that. Ian played a very soft game and I will not defend him for the complete lack of heart and passion he played with yesterday. I am not a huge fan of Coach Soderberg so I will not defend him either. We are in the process of building an on-campus arena that will greatly surpass your gym. I hesitate to call it an arena, it is a large highschool gym. I don't know the stats and I could probably find it relatively easily, but I would be willing to bet SLU outdraws SIU. Your comments on Lisch are hilarious. Lisch is better than any of your guards and he could bury any of those kids. SIU-C is a dog ###### school in a dog ###### town. I believe many of the ushers at Scottrade Center are graduates of SIU. Also, what is wrong with a SLU fan chearing when SIU got smashed in football, I think that is kind of funny. Enjoy Carbondale and enjoy sleeping with your wife/sister.

WOW!!!!! An SIU fan criticizing fan behavior. Better look in the mirror, pal. Every time SIU comes to St. Louis, I am convinced the prisons in Carbondale issued a day pass and forced the inmates to wear SIU sweatshirts while in the stands.

I agree with you, Eddie. I am ashamed by many of the comments and "jokes" by the posters here at billikens.com. A lot of classless drivel.

I am a SLU fan and I find much of the talk on here lately pretty abysmal. I hated that loss, I was there, and was very disappointed (frankly I had many other things I might have done that day).

I actually found your facility charming. Before the game and at half-time I walked on the floor all the way arund the court, and stood 10 feet away from the players warming up. can;t do that here in St. Louis--too much "security." the gym reminded me of the flavor of old-time basketball in rural Indiana--which I really like; smell of popcorn in the air, bleacher seats, vocal fans. Great atmosphere! And the parking is free!! Us city slickers have issues with parking. . . . Anyone who is lame enough to call that the worst venue in college basketball is completely ignorant-- I remember the Duquesne game last year, attendance 40 or so-- now that is worth making fun of.

But I would not want to diss you school or city. To be honest, I think your team has some areas needing improvement, but if you are a real basketball fan you must be aware of them. Your coach is, I bet. But some of us more sober SLU fans wish you well and success, (as long as it does not hurt us!) We invite you up here again next year.

I don't know if I follow your logic here. Is Tyler Hansbrough inferior to the post players of Gonzaga due to them losing to the Zags? Just because SLU lost to SIU by 9 points does not mean that Tatum, Mullins, or Young are better players than Lisch. Lisch is a better player than any of those guys and I will defend that all day long if you want me to. If you look at the stat lines, Lisch had a better day than any of the SIU guards and may have had a huge day if not for getting hurt. SIU won the game because Faulker dominated inside and they had 15 offensive rebounds, not because Lisch was out-classed by the SIU guards. SIU played an unbeliavably physical game that we did not match and were not able to handle.

Tatum - 3 of 11, 11 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 2 turnovers

Young - 0 for 4, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 2 turnovers

Mullins - 3 for 9, 11 points, 1 rebound, 5 assists, 2 turnovers

dont they have math or logic at carbondale?

siu has 5 players the billikens have 5 players, you apparently believe that if lisch > than any ONE siu player that means that slu has to be better collectively?

you have very nice players. none are as good as lisch or liddell individually, however your TEAM plays very well. you cant grasp that?

a poster with the moniker "dawgiestyle" is lecturing our board on class, obscenities and behavior.

cute. do you think anyone takes "dawgiestyle" serious?