Quote from Roy got me thinking.

"it might be my misconception, but imo, we arent playing defense as in years past. and that goes for all of them. didnt matter if it was polk, lisch or brown, none of them stopped that law kid and i am sorry, acie law IV is not isiah thomas."

I've noticed that too, even in our victories. I've also noticed that we've been scoring so much in transitions that pounding the ball inside to Ian, is no longer a first or second thought.

It seems Brad is still in search of that balance between offensive freedom and defensive intensity.......

I'm more concerned that we are still capable of laying a 30-something point turd than I am about defensive intensity. We would have needed to hold them to around 29 points in order to win that game. I was hoping that the St. Joe's debacles from last year were a thing of the past.

the reason it is important ace is that on those nights that nothing is falling or the fastbreak gets stopped, we have to return that favor or else it becomes a 30 point blowout.

to become the likes of a&m we have to always bring the defense. then the offense becomes an afterthought. we basically backed ourselves in a corner last night. the defense has to always be there.

I don't agree with the point that we are not pounding the ball into Ian. Every game this year has started with the ball going inside to Ian. He has had plenty of touches. What I have noticed is that he is getting the ball stripped as he makes multiple moves. I suspect he is making too many moves or he is not holding the ball high enough.

>the reason it is important ace is that on those nights that

>nothing is falling or the fastbreak gets stopped, we have to

>return that favor or else it becomes a 30 point blowout.

>

>to become the likes of a&m we have to always bring the

>defense. then the offense becomes an afterthought. we

>basically backed ourselves in a corner last night. the

>defense has to always be there.

I'm not sure why we can't try to bring it on both ends. Hit the offensive boards better, work harder for open shots, take care of the basketball, move without the ball, etc. Those all require effort too.