SLU Soccer, NCAA Tourney & LEGION 1818

Legion1818

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present to you our Men's and Women's soccer programs, both 2006 qualifiers for the NCAA Tournament.

Our Women's team has finished the year as A-10 Champions, and have received their second straight invite to the NCAA Women's Tournament. They now have a first-round battle versus Drake University on Friday night AT HOME IN HERMANN STADIUM!

The Men's program has capped off a stellar regular season by going undefeated in conference play, and only having one blemish at the conference tournament. Having one of the best schedules in the nation, SLU took on some of the best, and came out with some wonderful results. Having received a #11 seed in the Tournament, SLU now has a first-round BYE, and faces the winner of Cincinnati/Northwestern on November 15th AT HERMANN STADIUM. Gametime will be 7pm for that one.

Legion 1818 would like to congratulate both teams on their accomplishments this year, and hope better and greater results are forthcoming.

Legion 1818 will also be present at EVERY HOME GAME THAT SLU WILL PLAY IN BOTH TOURNAMENT'S! This includes the women's game versus Drake, and the men's game versus Cincy/NU. Depending on results, we hope to see many more games being played at Hermann Stadium this month, and hope to see our Billikens playing at SAS Park and Hermann Stadium on Dec. 3rd in the National Championship matches.

Any questions comments can be directed to [email protected]

Find out general information at http://www.legion1818.org

Reading the infallible Courtside's posts lead me to believe that SLU men would not get a first round bye because of the A10 Tourney loss (I do appreciate the updates). However, the selection committee said, "zone ratings be damned (inside joke)" and awarded SLU a first round bye and home game anyway. Too bad I will be getting to STL a day late to see this game. We need a tourney win, was the last one we had over UIC in 00? I was at that game and it was ugly UIC had one dude and he could score but SLU didn't look all that great either.

In other STL related Soccer News: SLU's own Pat Noonan vs. Brad Davis will take place when the NE Revolution face the Houston Dynamos in the NOV 12 MLS Cup at Pizza Hut Park in Dallas. The Revolutions roster includes other notable St. Louis players Taylor Twellman, Steve Ralston, and Danny Wynn. I hope to go to the game. I'll be cheering for Brad and Houston.

I believe the 2001 (in Dipsy's lone year) and 2004 (in Vedad's lone year) teams both made it to the Elite 8.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

No offense, but it took me a long time to remember who you were.You are the one who doesn't believe in any sort of statistical analysis as part of a factor in evaluating a player.

Perhaps if read more closely, u would have comprehended more.But I think your reading comprehension has been well documented here. Slu hosting the Final Four made it possible to get a break as I and others said it might...that wacky ncaa committee...and they did give slu a break that they didn't get last yr. As someone posted, even the team was very surprised at their favorable seeding, as were all the posters on here.

What exactly more do u need? But your purpose as was before is to troll and come on board to troll as opposed to enjoy the good day for Billiken soccer. That says a lot about you.

Rhody fans wish fellow A-10 member SLU good luck in the NCAA Tournament.

Rhode Island will travel to Rutgers for its first round game. This will be URI's 3rd tournament in the last 4 years and 11th overall. It was especially good to see the Rams continue their winning ways under their new first year head coach. URI had been coached for a very long time by Ed Bradley who built the program up.

All three Division 1 Men's soccer programs located in Rhode Island will be in the NCAA Soccer Tournament for the 2nd straight year as URI will be joined again by Brown (Ivy) and Providence (Big East).

I can recall SLU fans maligning the quality of A-10 soccer prior to joining the league. It would seem however that it may not be as bad as many had thought. As the last two seasons have shown, SLU winning the A-10 is not a given.

I guess that depends on how you look at it. SLU has also been down the las few years. IMO ... playing all year and then deciding who goes in a conference tourney in any sport is stupid. SLU was undefeated in the regular season, and without the tourney win Rhody wouldn't be in. Either way I'm glad they are and wish them the best of luck. Rhody success equals A10 success which is good for SLU. You guys have been tough for us. Keep it up.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of Slu72's bid to join the Billiken Blue Kool Aid Club

I think I got Pat Noonan confused w/ Pat Moriarty my fault.

The point is alot of STL players in the MLS Cup this Sunday in Frisco, TX.

The other point is that while I do appreciate some of your Soccer Updates (C Side), I just wanted to recall your annoying, know it all, droning, pointless, statistical analyses of one of my previously stated opinions.

...or in message board terms, you came to troll and ruin yet anothee positive thread on Billiken Athletics. (sigh)

...There are also articles this week on Taylor Twellman at Boston.com.....where he deflects all individual praise and accomplishments to the team...but does answer question about being left off WC team by saying it is the U.S.'s loss. Also sepeeate article on Noonan missing WC due to injuries.