5 recruiting questions for everyone

brianstl

1. Who would you make the top targets for the available spots?

2. Would you offer for all three spots?

3. Would you hold open a spot for next year's loaded class?

4. Would you hold open a spot for a juco?

5. Would you hold a spot for a guy who could become available late or for a transfer?

My answers:

1. Powell and Pullen.

2. Only fill two of the three spots.

3, 4, and 5.You hold one. If you find a guy that blows you away as juco, late, or transfer, sign him. Hold it for next year if that doesn't happen.

Do you have any idea who is on our updated short list? I'm still not sure we've offered Powell given the contradictions that have been posted here, ie Pdiddy (who I trust) says we have, V-time says not because if we did he'd have signed on the spot????? Seems Pullen is a longshot and the other kid from the east we wanted is going to Cross. Also, didn't a PF from California sign w/ someone else as well? Heck, I don't even know who we're after.

1. A quick point guard who can handle and shoot and a bouncy frontcourt player who can rebound.

2. No, because Brad only plays 9 players. 12 scholarship players is more than enough.

3, 4, 5 If they wanted to, we've got enough scholarships to get who Brad wants in the 2008 class (Suggs, Brandenburg, Thompson, Kramer) AND sign a juco or late transfer in 2007. The departure of Polk, Brown, Meyer and Husak will open up 4 scholarships for the 2008 class.

the problem is we dont know enough about who we are recruiting and interested in. so it is hard to comment.

i know i would want the best local athlete available which seems to translate to leon powell. sounds like we are running third on pullen so that might be moot.

all i know is that it seems we dont need to sign people just to fill spots. i want solid players.

i definitely want to be in a position he can sign all 4 of those very solid area juniors that it is rumored he offered at one time along with tyler griffey.