Women's Recruit Better than Theresa Lisch?......

I was putting up signs for tomorrow's groundbreaking today and I ran into Women's Head Coach Gray walking around with a recruit and her family. I can't remember the girls name, but Coach Gray introduced me to her and said that the girl was a point guard for the Illinois State Championship Basketball Team that beat Theresa Lisch and Althoff High School for the championship last year. She seemed excited to be here, and if we get her to come here (it might be for the 06-07 season, but if you know for sure let me know), I think we could say Tournament for the women's team this year. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Coach Gray is going to take our girls' basketball team to the tournament in the next 2 years then keep them there.

Lisch's Althoff team (649 studends) lost to Bolinbrook (Chicago sub.with 3160 students) in the Illinois Class AA championship game.

The Bolinbrook roster and stats can be found at the Illinois State High School site.....see.....www.ihsa.org.

Looking at the roster heights and stats you may be able to pick out the player you met.

The women's team has a better shot at going to the NCAA tourney, they finally have a good coach and players believe in her, that can help a lot plus a little luck a long the way won't hurt either. I expect big things to happen with the billikens this year, and I do not hink Shimmy will be around too long if she get good results.

>I do not hink Shimmy will be

>around too long if she get good results.

I disagree with you. Shimmy is building something at SLU and I don't think that she's going to just get up and walk away from it to go to a bigger/more noteworthy school. The impression that I get from her is that she wants to make SLU and the Billikens a place high school basketball players HOPE to play for.

>>I do not hink Shimmy will be

>>around too long if she get good results.

>

>

>I disagree with you. Shimmy is building something at SLU and

>I don't think that she's going to just get up and walk away

>from it to go to a bigger/more noteworthy school. The

>impression that I get from her is that she wants to make SLU

>and the Billikens a place high school basketball players

>HOPE to play for.

I think that is wishful thinking. No coach in their right mind will stay at a mid major and pass on a big time school. That is a career killer. From what I have seen and heard from her she will be hear no longer than 5 years.

I am just saying when a big 10 school, big east or SEC comes calling she will take one. Better programs, more money better facilities etc.. that is the life of coaching, hopefully I am wrong but if she gets this team to the NCaa Tourney this year, I wouldn't be suprise to see Michigan go after her since Burnett is on the hot seat and this is thelast year of her contract.

You just posted a very postive message about the soccer coach and soccer team after they suffered a terrible--some would say humiliating-- loss at home. You support the coach and the team. You do that because that is what fans do --they support the team and the coach even in difficult times.

Yet you constantly post negative swill about the basketball coaches, the teams and the school. What is the deal? Why rip our young energetic woman's basketball coach? She has told me personally that she is excited about the potential for a good competitive team at SLU and that she would love to build her own program. I believe her but you, who know nothing, tell lies about her. This board makes me more disgusted every day.

>I am just saying when a big 10 school, big east or SEC comes

>calling she will take one. Better programs, more money

>better facilities etc.. that is the life of coaching,

>hopefully I am wrong but if she gets this team to the NCaa

>Tourney this year, I wouldn't be suprise to see Michigan go

>after her since Burnett is on the hot seat and this is

>thelast year of her contract.

Again, I think you're wrong.

>You just posted a very postive message about the soccer

>coach and soccer team after they suffered a terrible--some

>would say humiliating-- loss at home. You support the coach

>and the team. You do that because that is what fans do

>--they support the team and the coach even in difficult

>times.

>

>Yet you constantly post negative swill about the basketball

>coaches, the teams and the school. What is the deal? Why rip

>our young energetic woman's basketball coach? She has told

>me personally that she is excited about the potential for a

>good competitive team at SLU and that she would love to

>build her own program. I believe her but you, who know

>nothing, tell lies about her. This board makes me more

>disgusted every day.

Do you know how to read????? I never ripped her or lied about her. You could use a quick course on reading comprehension. You dumbass, I pointed out the obvious. Any coach in there right mind would do exactly what I said. Seems like you know nothing. Do you really think a coach is going to come out to people and say that she is trying to get good fast to move on. Get a clue!!!

You are the incredible jerk. I can read and you said that from what you have "heard from her" she will be here for no more than 5 years. She has told me just the opposite. So either you are lying or you are saying that she is lying. Your constant negative crap about the school and the basketball programs make me sick!

For whatever the reason, Romar never left me with the feeling that he wanted to stay here for a long time. Maybe it was as Pdiddy says, his continued recruiting of the West Coast while he for whatever the reason was not targeted on the local talent. Whether Shimmy moves on or not will be the result of a lot of things. I would not worry about her going to MI just yet - she does not have a resume yet. Who did she marry - what does he do - and where is he from? These three questions might be the key to how long she stays.