According to Katz

slu72

we will be playing 2 top 10 teams this year. TxA&M(9) and UNC(3). Maybe it's just looking thru Billiken Blue glasses, but wins are possible here. Tx A&M first game out of the shoot, who knows if the aggies are for real? They don't actually light it up out there and rely on defense, as do we. Easy to see how this one could be in the 50's and come down to a final shot. UNC is at home. A big pro fired up Bills crowd at Savvis, IV wanting to show the scouts in the seat he can play with TH, TL wanting to show them he's an undiscovered gem, UNC with 2-3 freshman in the lineup....Hey Santa Clara beat their national championship team. Two wins against these guys would go a long way in March.

"Two MVC basketball teams, SIUC and Creighton, are being touted as preseason national top 10 teams by Sports Illustrated."

In all honesty, if we are able to go into A&M and win there I have serious doubts that the Aggies will end the season in the top 10. The Bills can beat just about anybody at home the right night.

I have read several of the national write ups of that top teams in the country and it sounds like Texas A and M is loaded. To beat them on their home floor early in the season when we will still be trying to develop a rotation would be incredible but I think we need to be realistic!

I'm not discounting the Aggies at all. Their style of play is similar to ours...they rely a lot on D. So, it could be a low scoring affair that could come down to the final shot. You look at what we did last year on the road against GW. We are capable. Now maybe beating them in February on their home court might be a major task, but this early....hey everyone's just finding out what their all about. Wouldn't bet the farm on it happening, but it's not like we should expect to be blown out either. Also, what I've read they rely a lot on their guards, who are highly touted. I don't know how much better than TL or KL they can be as I think these two are still flying under the national radar.