Quincy U game

Huge game for the City of Saint Louis, as our very own Francis Slay is a graduate of both QU (undergrad) and SLU LAW. My Dad and Mr. Slay were classmates at QU...Fran played soccer, my Dad played baseball so they knew each other pretty well.

Game should be called the Slay Cup Game or something neat.

http://www.gala.ntdtv.com/2006/en/vips/i/us_francis_slay.jpg

>Huge game for the City of Saint Louis, as our very own

>Francis Slay is a graduate of both QU (undergrad) and SLU

>LAW. My Dad and Mr. Slay were classmates at QU...Fran played

>soccer, my Dad played baseball so they knew each other

>pretty well.

>

>Game should be called the Slay Cup Game or something neat.

>http://www.gala.ntdtv.com/2006/en/vips/i/us_francis_slay.jpg

Look for Murkey to have a big game. Cody Stoneburner too. He is an example of a kid who turned down division 1 offers. He had offers from Tulsa and Nebraska, but wanted to go D2. A rarity.

>Hate to break it to you Justin, Cody got some letters from

>D1 schools but was never offered, Tulsa showed the most

>interest but never pulled the trigger, my uncle Dave Cason

>is an assistant coach at Tulsa and he said they never

>offered Cody, He was a good kid and that is all he told me.

Ask Jim Donnelly, you can contact him on teammissouri.com. He was fuming about Cody choosing a D2 when he had D1 scholarship offers.

>Trust me on this Vtime, I know for a fact Cody did not get

>offered by Tulsa, hell my uncle is an assistant coach. Jim

>Donnelly can say what he wants, but I know for a fact, and

>it I don't think Cody was strong enough or quick enough to

>play D-1, just like Husak.

You're wrong. Nebraska and Tulsa both offered. Maybe he doesnt want to admit that a kid gave him the cold-shoulder for a D2. I would be. Ask Cameron Murkey, he's on facebook.com.

From my understanding talking to their coaches was that Lisch was a good ball player but wasn't quick enough, or a pure shooter to play in the Big East, but you know that is the hard part about recruiting you make those assumptions and sometimes their not correct, I cant blam ND for that b/c he probably wasn't but after watching him play last year he probably would have been fine. Brad probably thought the same for Darren Clarke

>Those are just a list of schools, how do you know all of

>them offered to him, it does not say. Kevin Lisch had Notre

>dame on his list but ND never offered, same for Sloan, he

>had ND on the list but they never offered.

All of them didnt have to offer, as long as one of them did he's an example of a kid who turned down D1 ball to play D2 ball, which was the point I was trying to make as people were saying in the other threads that a kid wouldnt turn down a D1 scholarship to play at a lower level.

notre dame, indiana and illinois all indeed offered kevin lisch a scholarship. notre dame drug their feet, but eventually did offer. by then, slu was firmly entrenched. illinois was probably the only school that had a chance going down the stretch.

>No one said it never happens. You said HS had 3 guards

>better than AD who was an ok D1 player. You make it seem

>common place. You are wrong.

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

Drejaj came out in 2002 when Harris-Stowe's 3 starting guards were from Wellston and were playing for their former high school coach Lonnie Cole. He wasnt going to knock them out of their starting spots. It's simple as that.

Thats interesting. I had talked to Kevin a little bit about his recruitment and was unable to gather that. One of the things that I found interesting when talking to him was that KU came into the picture late in the game. My impression was that he wanted to stay close to home and I never got the impression there was no offer from ND or that it was his dream school.

I think we have reached the point where everyone needs to agree to disagree on the HS/Drejaj debate. I realize it was necessary to call V on this exrtraordinary claim, but there is no point to arguing any further. V believes HS to have D1 caliber guards who would have kept Drejaj from the starting rotation while everyone else on this board would tend to believe kids play NAIA and not DI for a reason. Lets move on to more productive talk.

i assume "rod" is someone associated with the notre dame program. of course they dont want people to know that a recruit picked someone over them. same with webber. he also denies approaching kevin, when he was almost beserk over being spurned by kevin. you are wrong on this one.

BROY, Rod is one of the coaches, I don't think ND would care if Kevin picked another school. but they never offered. ND is pretty good school and the basketball program is alot better than SLU's. THey have made the NCAA 3 time and the NIT 3 since Brey has been there. So, I think need a better shooter, defender than Kevin.